submit your CV directly:
Residency and Fellowship Programs Liaison
phone: (317) 619-6617
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2021 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport -Named "Best Airport" Nine Years Straight
Pediatric Nephrologist (Riley Hospital)
Riley Hospital for Children is seeking a Pediatric Nephrologist to join our team of 8 nephrologists and 3 nurse practitioners.
- The ideal candidate will be clinically focused with interest and/or experience with pediatric transplantation and/or acute kidney injury
- Strong work-life balance with standard weekday outpatient schedule and shared call coverage split evenly among entire division
- Faculty appointment with the Indiana University School of Medicine
- Medicine education opportunities with students, residents and fellows
- Clinical or basic research opportunities available if desired (25 clinical studies IRB approved, housed within the division)
- Growth and innovation opportunities within division, including ability to establish multi-disciplinary subspecialty clinics as well as outreach to satellite locations
- Competitive income guaranteed compensation with dually employed benefits
- Completion of pediatric residency and pediatric nephrology fellowship
- BC in pediatrics and BC/BE in pediatric nephrology
- New graduates and experienced providers are encouraged to apply
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2021-2022 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
For more than 95 years, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health has been one of the nation's leading children's hospitals. Each year, Riley at IU Health provides compassionate care, support and comfort to more than 300,000 inpatients and outpatients from across Indiana, the nation and the world. Physicians at Riley at IU Health provide comprehensive care, from the routine to the most complex, in every field of pediatric medicine and surgery.
Riley at IU Health is nationally ranked as a top children's hospital by U.S. News & World Report, including 2 specialties in the top 5 and 4 specialties in the top 15, and is the only nationally ranked children's hospital in Indiana. Part of Indiana University Health, Riley at IU Health enjoys a unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, giving our highly skilled physicians access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
In addition, Riley Hospital for Children is ranked sixth in the nation for NIH Research funding, totaling more than $32 million in 2020. The Children's Clinical Research Center, located at Riley Hospital for Children, is one of the largest pediatric research facilities in the country.
The newest addition to Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, the Maternity Tower, opened in fall 2021. The Tower is home to Indiana's largest NICU, as well as the state's only OB ICU and emergency room.
Riley at IU Health is also the 6th largest children's hospital in the United States, and offers one of the nation's largest outpatient care facilities for children.
The Riley Children's Foundation is committed to improving the health and well-being of children through philanthropic leadership in support of Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health and its research programs.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.