submit your CV directly:
Physician and Advanced Provider Recruiter
phone: (317) 224-8408
PRN Outpatient Anesthesiologist in Second Largest City in Indiana
Indiana University Health's Northeast Region, which is part of the largest and most comprehensive healthcare system in Indiana, is seeking a patient-centered, collaborative Outpatient General Anesthesiologist for a PRN opportunity to practice within our accredited ambulatory surgery center in Fort Wayne, IN!
Newly opened in 2021, the 40,000 sq. ft. surgery center includes 5 fully equipped operating rooms, 5 procedure rooms, and overnight capabilities.
- Participate in cultural growth and expansion of providers
- PRN, availability includes 4-5 days of work with no call
- 100% outpatient work within a new practice
- Residency training in Anesthesiology, required
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Anesthesiology, required
- Physician licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana, required
- Interested in experienced providers and new graduates
- We offer a strong compensation model with a comprehensive benefits package including group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, stipends, relocation assistance, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance.
- Highly competitive salary
Learn more about our outpatient surgery center here.
- Fort Wayne is Indiana's 2nd largest city and boasts one of the lowest cost of living areas in the nation (ranked as fifth on U.S. News and World Report's 2022-2023 list of Best Affordable Places to live in the U.S.)
- Voted #1 city to raise a family in the US by Smartasset.com
- The city is home to 82+ miles of beautiful trails circling a vibrant, eclectic downtown area surrounded by three rivers
- Named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the 100 Best Places to live in America, & U.S. News and World Report's 2022-2023 list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S.
- From Broadway theatre shows, one of the nation's top zoos, to beautiful museums and riverfront boat tours - the city has something to satisfy a wide array of interests
- Farm-to-fork dining, lively nightlife, live music, and celebrated minor league sports teams (baseball, basketball and hockey)
- Host of diverse festivals and a strong regional arts and crafts heritage (with a new mural trail)
- Active lifestyle includes kayaking, canoeing and paddle boarding at over 200 area lakes, PGA golf courses, bike trails, state parks, camping and a quarter-mile toboggan run
- Home to an international airport, named "the nation's friendliest airport" by USA Today
- Conveniently located to major metro areas of Chicago, Detroit and Indianapolis, in addition, a short drive to access the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan and wine country
- Top-tier school systems - both private and public options
- Learn more about Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana by watching this video
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Delivering on our vision to make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states, Indiana University Health expanded into the northeast Indiana market in 2018. Currently, IU Health operates four primary care clinics, two urgent cares, and a radiology center in the Fort Wayne area. A 40,000-square foot accredited ambulatory care center opened in 2021, with five operating and five procedure rooms for more than 10 different specialties. Riley Children’s at Indiana University Health also operates a clinic in Fort Wayne, providing access close to home to multiple pediatric subspecialty physicians.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine gives our providers access to the most innovative treatments and latest technologies, offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.