submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 627-4924
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2021 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for a Decade
Niche Rankings - Marion County
Obstetrician/Gynecologist in the Indianapolis Suburbs, Supportive Scheduling
IU Health Physicians is seeking an OB/GYN generalist to join our growing, reputable practice at the West Hospital in Avon, Indiana. Specializing in obstetrics and gynecology, our physicians place special emphasis on preventive medicine and the early detection of health problems. We also provide a collaborative approach to care, involving experts from various specialties, in order to enhance patient and family outcomes.
- Strong work-life balance with shared call coverage and OB laborist team support
- Diverse patient population ranging in ages and conditions from city and surrounding suburban, rural communities
- Heavier focus on outpatient work to inpatient care (60% / 40%)
- Full scope obstetrical and gynecologic care, services including but not limited to:
- Contraception counseling
- IUD insertion and removals
- Pregnancy care and deliveries (vaginal, cesarean)
- GYN procedures, ultrasound and adolescent to menopausal care
- Competitive salary guaranteeing salary in first year with opportunity to move to production model in second year
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- Group Health & Wellness Insurance
- 401k company match
- PTO (personal, holidays, CME)
- Relocation assistance
- CME reimbursement
- Malpractice, tail, liability coverage
- Residency Stipend
- OB/GYN residency completion
- Board Eligible/Certified in OB/GYN
- New graduates or experienced providers encouraged to apply
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2022-2023 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best counties to live in Indiana & the best county for young professionals
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 25 years in a row, including six specialties among the top 50 in the nation or high performing
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health West Hospital, located in Avon, a beautiful suburb of Indianapolis, is a 177-bed, full-service, community-based hospital rooted in the history of excellence established by Indiana University Health. Completed in 2021, a $84 million vertical expansion to the hospital added 48 inpatient beds (ICU and acuity-adaptable), a new operating room, an inpatient dialysis unit and cath lab capacity.
A special place to give and receive healthcare services, IU Health West Hospital offers a full range of patient care services, including maternity, orthopedics and cancer care.
Many elements come together to create what is known as IU Health West Hospital's Sanctuary of Healing - building design and decor, technology and relationship-centered care, just to name a few. The physical environment and our highly skilled staff work in harmony to create a soothing, stress-free, remarkable healthcare experience for patients and their loved ones.
IU Health West Hospital has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as high performing in geriatrics, nephrology, hip fracture, pulmonology and lung surgery, heart failure, stroke, COPD and pneumonia conditions, and named as one of Newsweek's 2022 Best Maternity Hospitals.
The hospital sees more than 7,000 admissions and nearly 175,000 outpatient visits annually, and has earned advanced certification as a Primary Stroke Center from The Joint Commission.