submit your CV directly:
Physician & Advanced Provider Recruiter
phone: (765) 838-6446
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Urgent Care
IU Health Arnett has an exciting career opportunity for a Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their team-oriented Urgent Care Clinic in the beautiful college town of Lafayette, IN.
Career Opportunity Details
- Full Time (36 patient contact hours/week)
- Rotating, Days (3x12 hour shifts/week and 2 weekend shifts/month)
- No call
- 100% outpatient
- UC or ED NP/nursing experience preferred
- Treating sick/injured patients in an outpatient, urgent care clinic
- Will practice at West Side Urgent Care, South Side Urgent Care, and occasionally the Monticello Walk-in Clinic
- Variety of patients from infant to senior citizens, commercial insurance to Medicare/Medicaid, simple illness/injuries to complex requiring transfer to hospital
- Procedures performed include I & D, laceration suture, toenail removal, epistaxis rhino rocket, etc.
Lafayette, Indiana offers an unmatched quality of life in a safe and thriving college community. Located a quick drive from both Indianapolis and Chicago, residents enjoy a variety of family-friendly amenities and unparalleled diversity.
- Home of Big 10 conference member, Purdue University
- Highly-ranked public and private schools and a multitude of cultural amenities
- Easy access to hiking and biking trails, golfing, collegiate sports and more
- Entertainment and retail shops that include brew pubs, funky galleries, bakeries and bistros
- One hour to Indianapolis and two hours to Chicago
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await at Indiana University Health Arnett.
IU Health Arnett is an effectively integrated health care system striving to become a preeminent health care leader in the nation for clinical care through innovation, quality and service. As a regional hub for Indiana’s largest health care organization and in association with the state’s only medical school, we provide excellence in education and research for our healthcare providers.
IU Health Arnett Physicians is a multi-specialty group comprised of approximately 290 providers representing 33 different specialties and sub-specialties. The IUH Arnett system located in Lafayette includes physician outpatient practices, a modern 191-bed acute care hospital as well as outpatient surgery and imaging centers. Being part of a multi-specialty group provides a solid patient referral base. In addition, there are physicians available to assist when referring a patient for a medical or surgical concern.
An administrative team partners with physician leaders to enable individual clinicians to concentrate on their clinical practice. With 24 facilities, 18 located in Lafayette/West Lafayette and 6 in the surrounding communities, a large, stable referral base is guaranteed. The secure patient base draws from a mix of industrial and university communities in a 12 county area.
Indiana has one of the best medical malpractice climates in the nation!
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Arnett Hospital is a full-service, 191-bed hospital with an adjacent outpatient surgery center committed to providing exceptional care and service for the whole family.
IU Health Arnett Hospital is a member of the Indiana University Health system, yet is an independent non-profit organization with its own board of managers, CEO, executive management team and community representation.
IU Health Arnett Hospital Features:
- All private patient rooms, including private neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) rooms.
- 6 technologically advanced surgical suites with open heart and neurosurgical capabilities
- Two cesarean section suites conveniently located adjacent to maternity beds
- On-site diagnostics, imaging and lab
- Full electronic medical records system with seamless linkage to physician offices and IU Health's downtown Indianapolis hospitals
- An adjacent efficient outpatient surgery center
- Convenient, designated surface parking for staff and visitors
- Community site for medical education