submit your CV directly:
Nurse Practitioner, Family
Nurse Practitioner, Geriatrics
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Hospitalist
IU Health Ball Memorial has a career opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their Hospitalist Department in Muncie, IN. The advanced provider will work with the Hospitalist team while seeing a variety of diagnoses that require patients to be admitted to the hospital (stroke, MI, sepsis, COPD exacerbations, diverticulitis, DKA, heart failure, etc.). The advanced provider is responsible for admitting patients including the initial H&P and admission orders and following those patients through the hospital stay including completion of discharge paperwork and the discharge dictation.
Career Opportunity Details:
- Full-time, 36 plus hours a week, nights, no call
- Three 12 hour shifts 7pm-7am Friday, Saturday, and Sundays
- Committed weekends working 49/52 weekends
- 100% inpatient with some time in the subacute setting
- Help with cross-coverage at night for the other patients
- Open to new graduate Nurse Practitioners (ACNP, AGNP, FNP) with previous acute care RN experience
- Physician Assistants must have acute care experience
- Candidates must be a team player and have time management skills
- Critical care experienced preferred
- Experienced providers preferred
Benefits and Features:
- Competitive compensation package with benefits (PTO, 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision)
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is a 350-bed hospital and is designated as a level 3 trauma center. It is both a teaching hospital and a regional tertiary referral center. IU Health Ball Memorial is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people. This not-for-profit organization boasts of a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians, representing more than 45 medical specialties.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
The hospital campus is home to The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center and includes the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school. The clinics provide low cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.