submit your CV directly:
Advanced Provider Recruiter
phone: (317) 963-2485
Nurse Practitioner, Adult
Nurse Practitioner, Family
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Cardiothoracic Surgery
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians has a career opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their new Cardiothoracic Surgery center in Bloomington, IN.
Career Opportunity Details:
- Full Time
- Days (Monday-Friday)
- No Call
- 90% Outpatient / 10% Inpatient
- Experienced providers only
- Previous surgical experience preferred. Experience in cardiology and CT surgery/assistance required.
- Perform patient histories and physical exams
- Handles daily patient rounds (including the CVICU), patient education, and discharge summaries
- Perform invasive procedures such as thoracenteses, chest tube insertions, placement of central venous, dialysis and Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines, and intra-aortic balloon pumps
- Exhibits autonomy in the operating room when required
- Retrieves vascular tissue, including greater and lesser saphenous, veins and/or radial arteries, for use as a bypass conduit
- Often uses endoscopic retrieval methods and involved in the industrial aspect of EVH
- Performs first-assist duties on all cardiac and pediatric cases, thoracic and major/minor vascular cases
- Meets the specific needs of the attending surgeon, assisting all surgeons in the practice
- Has exacting knowledge of each surgeon's idiosyncrasies to expedite the procedure and limit patient morbidity and mortality
- Uses knowledge of medical model to promote synergistic relationship between physician and PA
- Has extensive knowledge of the pharmacologic effects of vasoactive/ cardiotonic drugs, ventilator management and artificial cardiac devices
- Performs duties of a primary care PA
- Manages other diseases entities frequently encountered in the cardiac population, namely hypertension, diabetes, COPD, asthma, hyperthyroidism, etc.
Competitive compensation package with benefits (PTO, 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision)
Bloomington, Indiana is a very progressive college town with the perfect blend of charm and culture. A community that prides itself not only on education and diversity, but Bloomington has a robust arts and cultural scene including an officially designated cultural arts district (BEAD).
Residents of Bloomington enjoy not only energetic college town amenities but peaceful lakes and outdoor adventure.
- Home of Big 10 conference member, Indiana University
- Vibrant downtown: arts, theaters, museums and concerts
- Close proximity to Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, award winning wineries, shopping and unique dining
- Home to Indiana's only National Forest and Lake Monroe
- Collegiate sports, boating, hiking, golfing, fishing and skiing
- 45 minutes to Indianapolis, 90 minutes to Louisville and easy access to Cincinnati
Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a multi-specialty physician group based in Bloomington, Indiana. Our physicians and advanced practice providers are dedicated to providing quality care to south central Indiana.
As part of Indiana University Health, Southern Indiana Physicians is a part of Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. And, our unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies.
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians operates six practices within the region, located in Bloomington, Ellettsville, French Lick, Gosport, Nashville and Spencer.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is a not-for-profit organization and has a patient base of 413,000 in 10 counties (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, and Owen). IU Health Bloomington Hospital offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is one of seven Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, IU Health University Hospital, IU Health Methodist Hospital, IU Health La Porte Hospital, IU Health Goshen Hospital and IU Health West Hospital.
Our Mission ~
To improve the health of our patients and community through innovation and excellence in care, education, research and service.
Our Values ~
- Trust: "We can count on each other."
- Excellence: "We do our best at all times and look for ways to do even better."
- Accountability: "We accept responsibility for our actions, attitudes and mistakes."
- Mutual Respect: "We treat everyone with respect and compassion."
Our Promise ~
IU Health Bloomington Hospital enhances health by advancing the art and science of medicine through the use of new technologies, procedures and care.