submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 962-6681
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians- Medical Director, Oncology
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is looking for an experienced Medical Director, Oncology to join their team in the beautiful collegial town of Bloomington, IN.
- 20% inpatient; 80% outpatient
- Schedule: M-F 8AM-5PM
- On-call: 1 in 7; weekdays, weekends and holidays are rotated equally
- 60% Clinical; 40% Administrative
- Location: Bloomington with possible outreach in Morgan and Bedford
- Key responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate and oversee medical services that assure a comprehensive, patient-oriented approach to care that is compatible with and supportive of the patient care, teaching and research missions of Indiana University Health, the Indiana University School of Medicine, and other major affiliates of those entities
- Provide direct hematology and oncology patient care and following patients in the hospital
- Building and growing the local oncology program
- Participate in the formulation of policies and procedures for the Services
- Maintain personnel management accountability, provide continuous employee feedback and effective manage staff in a consistent manner
- Job Requirements:
- Candidate must be board certified
- Demonstrated leadership skills (inspiring, problem solving, communication across multiple organizations, executing)
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to lead quality improvement initiatives
- Strong compensation package with comprehensive benefits package
Bloomington, Indiana is a very progressive college town with the perfect blend of charm and culture. A community that prides itself not only on education and diversity, but Bloomington has a robust arts and cultural scene including an officially designated cultural arts district (BEAD).
Residents of Bloomington enjoy not only energetic college town amenities but peaceful lakes and outdoor adventure.
- Home of Big 10 conference member, Indiana University
- Vibrant downtown: arts, theaters, museums and concerts
- Close proximity to Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, award winning wineries, shopping and unique dining
- Home to Indiana's only National Forest and Lake Monroe
- Collegiate sports, boating, hiking, golfing, fishing and skiing
- 45 minutes to Indianapolis, 90 minutes to Louisville and easy access to Cincinnati
Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a multi-specialty physician group based in Bloomington, Indiana. Our physicians and advanced practice providers are dedicated to providing quality care to south central Indiana.
As part of Indiana University Health, Southern Indiana Physicians is a part of Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. And, our unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies.
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians operates six practices within the region, located in Bloomington, Ellettsville, French Lick, Gosport, Nashville and Spencer.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is a not-for-profit organization and has a patient base of 413,000 in 10 counties (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, and Owen). IU Health Bloomington Hospital offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is one of seven Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, IU Health University Hospital, IU Health Methodist Hospital, IU Health La Porte Hospital, IU Health Goshen Hospital and IU Health West Hospital.
Our Mission ~
To improve the health of our patients and community through innovation and excellence in care, education, research and service.
Our Values ~
- Trust: "We can count on each other."
- Excellence: "We do our best at all times and look for ways to do even better."
- Accountability: "We accept responsibility for our actions, attitudes and mistakes."
- Mutual Respect: "We treat everyone with respect and compassion."
Our Promise ~
IU Health Bloomington Hospital enhances health by advancing the art and science of medicine through the use of new technologies, procedures and care.