submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3119
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians - Pediatrician (Bedford Practice)
Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians has an employment opportunity for a general Pediatrician to join our Riley Physicians Bedford practice in scenic Bedford, IN. Our collaborative providers provide top quality, patient-focused care in a supportive team environment. Join an experienced group of providers in an established practice located in the scenic area of Bedford, IN. Bedford is known for its outdoor activities including hiking, exploring caves, hunting and golf. Bedford allows you the opportunity to live and practice in a rural family friendly community yet it is an easy drive to larger cities including Bloomington, Indianapolis and Louisville. This opportunity also offers support from four other preeminent Riley Physicians pediatric offices in the south-central region of Indiana (3 offices in Bloomington, Martinsville, and Bedford).
IU Health's exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 24 years. IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best healthcare systems and the #1 ranked system in Indiana.
- Full-time - 4 days per week
- 100% Outpatient
- Practice Address: 1614 25th Street, Bedford IN 47421
- Collegial work environment community focused practice
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Residents, fellows, and practicing physicians are invited to apply
- Current MD/DO medical license
- Indiana license or willingness to obtain
- IU Health offers a strong compensation model with a sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, 6 weeks PTO, CME, relocation assistance, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Known as the Limestone Capitol of the world, Bedford, Indiana is a beautiful small town nestled in the hills of Southern Indiana. Filled with an abundance of recreational activities, residents of Bedford also enjoy the attractions of several nearby big cities!
- Enjoy camping and hiking at State Parks and Indiana's only national forest, as well as golfing and community festivals
- Nearby Lake Monroe (Indiana’s largest inland body of water) provides boating, swimming, fishing and more!
- Close proximity to top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Popular attractions include Blue Spring Caverns & Spring Mill State Park
- Low cost of living paired with excellent schooling
- Dynamic amenities are minutes from Bloomington, IN – home to Big 10 conference member, Indiana University
- Just over an hour to both Indianapolis and Louisville
- Scenic country side with wildlife views at every turn
- Friend to the athlete with a 19-mile trail, multiple 5K races, annual Limestone Capital Half Marathon, and family friendly parks
- Small town feel with a variety of restaurants, boutiques, and shopping centers
Riley Children's Health is Indiana's only full service statewide pediatric health system. Riley Children's Health offers complete, comprehensive pediatric care ranging from routine primary care checkups to the most complex acute care needs from highly skilled pediatric specialists. The system connects patients with 200 primary care and 400 specialty physicians in 19 communities across the state of Indiana. Riley Physicians treat patients in their home communities, bringing top-notch care close to home. This statewide network is an extension of Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health, one of the nation's leading children's hospitals.
Riley Children's Health at IU Health's unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine means that we always have the most up-to-date research and innovative therapies close at hand.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Indiana University Health Bedford Hospital is a modern, JCAHO approved rural health care facility which offers up-to-date technology and medical practices. IU Health Bedford Hospital operates as a critical access hospital with inpatient, outpatient and ambulatory care services and 24-hour emergency room and EMS services. Our dedicated specialties continue the Indiana University Health standard of excellence.
IU Health Bedford Hospital employs the physician group practice, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians, which is a multi-specialty practice providing medical services in internal medicine, family practice, general surgery, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, and pediatrics. Nurse practitioners in adult and pediatric primary care have been added to expand medical care.