submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3119
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians - Pediatrician (Arlington Practice)
Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians has an employment opportunity for a general Pediatrician to join our Riley Physicians Arlington practice in scenic Bloomington, IN. Our collaborative providers provide top quality, patient-focused care in a supportive team environment. Join an experienced group of providers in a beautiful newer office building just northwest of Bloomington. This opportunity also offers support from four other preeminent Riley Physicians pediatric offices in the south-central region of Indiana (3 offices in Bloomington, Martinsville, and Bedford).
IU Health's exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 24 years. IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best healthcare systems and the #1 ranked system in Indiana.
- Full-time - 4 days per week (3 days 8-5, one day 12-8 at Landmark clinic)
- 90% Outpatient; 10% Inpatient
- Patient volume: 120 outpatients per week; 5 inpatients per week
- Practice Address: 4935 W. Arlington Rd, Bloomington, IN 47404
- If desired, enjoy an affiliation as a clinical instructor in Pediatrics with Indiana University School of Medicine teaching medical students and Pediatric residents.
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Residents, fellows, and practicing physicians are invited to apply
- Current MD/DO medical license
- Indiana license or willingness to obtain
- IU Health offers a strong compensation model with a sign-on bonus
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, 6 weeks PTO, CME, relocation assistance, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Bloomington, Indiana is a progressive college town with the perfect blend of charm and culture. A community that prides itself not only on education and diversity, Bloomington has a robust arts and cultural scene including an officially designated cultural arts district (BEAD).
Residents of Bloomington enjoy the city's dynamic energy, spectacular scenery, outdoor adventure, and world-class educational opportunities.
- Named to Liveability's 2021 list of the Top 100 Best Places to Live and amongst Wallethub's 2020 Best Small Cities in America
- Vibrant downtown: arts, theaters, museums, and a thriving music scene
- Close proximity to top-ranked Indianapolis International Airport, voted "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Home of Big Ten conference member Indiana University, as well as highly-rated public and private schools
- Host of annual music festivals, art fairs, and fall festivals
- Lively nightlife, award-winning wineries and distilleries, shopping, and unique dining (including global cuisine)
- Home to Indiana's only national forest, the largest state park in Indiana (Brown County State Park) and Lake Monroe
- Active lifestyle, including collegiate sports, an urban biking trail, camping, caverns, boating, hiking, golfing, fishing, horseback riding, and skiing
- 45 minutes to Indianapolis, 90 minutes to Louisville, and easy access to Cincinnati and Chicago
Riley Children's Health is Indiana's only full service statewide pediatric health system. Riley Children's Health offers complete, comprehensive pediatric care ranging from routine primary care checkups to the most complex acute care needs from highly skilled pediatric specialists. The system connects patients with 200 primary care and 400 specialty physicians in 19 communities across the state of Indiana. Riley Physicians treat patients in their home communities, bringing top-notch care close to home. This statewide network is an extension of Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health, one of the nation's leading children's hospitals.
Riley Children's Health at IU Health's unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine means that we always have the most up-to-date research and innovative therapies close at hand.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is a not-for-profit organization and has a patient base of 413,000 in 10 counties (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, and Owen). IU Health Bloomington Hospital offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is one of the Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, and has been ranked as high-performing in kidney failure, heart attack, and stroke procedures and conditions by U.S. News and World Report.