submit your CV directly:
Physician and Advanced Provider Recruiter
phone: (317) 962-4560
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - CT Surgery (Bloomington Hospital)
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is hiring! We are seeking an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our Cardiothoracic Surgery team at Bloomington Hospital (Brand new hospital opening in November 2021)!
- Days, Monday-Friday
- Call shared equally between the 2 APPs and can include first-assist if highly capable.
- 90% inpatient / 10% outpatient
- Team includes 2 surgeons and 1 PA
- Patient volume: 20/week in hospital and clinic
- Perform patient histories and physical exams
- Handle daily patient rounds (including the CVICU), patient education, and discharge summaries
- Perform invasive procedures such as thoracentesis, chest tube insertions, placement of central venous, dialysis and Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines, and intra-aortic balloon pumps
- Exhibit autonomy in the OR when required
- Retrieve vascular tissue, including greater and lesser saphenous, veins, and/or radial arteries, for use as a bypass conduit
- Often use endoscopic retrieval methods and involved in the industrial aspect of EVH
- Perform first-assist duties on all cardiac and pediatric cases, thoracic, and major/minor vascular cases
- Meets the specific needs of the attending surgeon, assisting all surgeons in the practice
- Have knowledge of each surgeons idiosyncrasies to expedite the procedure and limit patient morbidity and mortality
- Use knowledge of medical model to promote synergistic relationship between physician and APP
- Have extensive knowledge of the pharmacologic effects of vasoactive/cardiotonic drugs, ventilator management, and artificial cardiac devices
- Help manage the pre and post-surgical patients under the supervision of the surgeons
- NP/PA experience required
- Must hold either ACNP or PA certifications
- At least 2 years of CT Surgery experience required
- Previous experience as a full assist in CT Surgery required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job applications or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges and employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Bloomington, Indiana is a progressive college town with the perfect blend of charm and culture. A community that prides itself not only on education and diversity, Bloomington has a robust arts and cultural scene including an officially designated cultural arts district (BEAD).
Residents of Bloomington enjoy the city's dynamic energy, spectacular scenery, outdoor adventure, and world-class educational opportunities.
- Named to Liveability's 2020 list of the Top 100 Best Places to Live and amongst Wallethub's 2020 Best Small Cities in America
- Vibrant downtown: arts, theaters, museums, and a thriving music scene
- Close proximity to top-ranked Indianapolis International Airport, voted "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Home of Big Ten conference member Indiana University, as well as highly-rated public and private schools
- Host of annual music festivals, art fairs, and fall festivals
- Lively nightlife, award-winning wineries and distilleries, shopping, and unique dining (including global cuisine)
- Home to Indiana's only national forest, the largest state park in Indiana (Brown County State Park) and Lake Monroe
- Active lifestyle, including collegiate sports, an urban biking trail, camping, caverns, boating, hiking, golfing, fishing, horseback riding, and skiing
- 45 minutes to Indianapolis, 90 minutes to Louisville, and easy access to Cincinnati and Chicago
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians providers deliver care in 11 counties in South Central Indiana (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, Owen, and Washington). The group covers a patient base of just under 500,000. The region is home to three hospitals and one ambulatory care center - IU Health Bloomington Hospital, IU Health Bedford Hospital, IU Health Paoli Hospital, and IU Health Morgan. Our region offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
Our Vision -
We will lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.
Our Values -
- Purpose: We work to do good in the lives of all others
- Excellence: We do our best at all times and in new ways
- Compassion: We treat all people with respect, empathy and kindness
- Team: We count on and care for each other
Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a multi-specialty provider group based in the South Central Region of Indiana. Our physicians and advanced practice providers are dedicated to providing quality care to south central Indiana.
As part of Indiana University Health, Southern Indiana Physicians is a part of Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. Our unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies.
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is the second largest physician group within IU Health and operates over 50 practices employing around 370 providers within the South Central Region of Indiana.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is a not-for-profit organization and has a patient base of 413,000 in 10 counties (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, and Owen). IU Health Bloomington Hospital offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is one of the Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, IU Health University Hospital, IU Health Methodist Hospital, and IU Health West Hospital.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
Our Mission ~
To improve the health of our patients and community through innovation and excellence in care, education, research and service.
Our Values ~
- Team... We count on and care for each other
- Excellence... We do our best at all times and in new ways
- Purpose...We work to do good in the lives of all others
- Compassion...We treat all people with, respect, kindness, and empathy
Our Promise ~
IU Health Bloomington Hospital enhances health by advancing the art and science of medicine through the use of new technologies, procedures and care.