submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3119
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians - Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician (Bedford Clinic)
Join IU Health! Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians has a full time opportunity for a Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Med/Peds physician to join their practice located in Bedford, IN (~20 minutes south of the Big Ten college town of Bloomington, IN). Be a part of a growing group of providers who are collegial and supportive to each other and their patients.
Employment Opportunity Details:
- Full Time
- 100% Outpatient
- Responsibilities include: Full-range of primary care services for primarily adult patients ages 18 and up
- Procedures include: Laceration repair, minor dermatology procedures, punch biopsies, etc.
- Strong long-term guaranteed salary with quality and production bonus opportunities
- Offering sign on bonus and residency stipend
- Competitive compensation package with benefits (6 weeks PTO, 401K, Medical/Dental/Vision, opportunity for stipends, etc.)
- Limited shared call - call 1 in 6 (after hours call screening service utilized)
- Practice Address: 2900 W 16th St Bedford, IN 47421, connected to IU Health Bedford Hospital
- BC or BE in FM, Med Peds, or IM required
- Visa candidates will be considered
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Bedford, Indiana is a beautiful small town nestled in the hills of Southern Indiana. Filled with an abundance of recreational activities, residents of Bedford also enjoy the attractions of several nearby big cities!
- Enjoy camping and hiking at State Parks, as well as golfing and community festivals
- Nearby Lake Monroe (Indiana’s largest inland body of water) provides boating, swimming, fishing and more!
- Close proximity to Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Popular attractions include Blue Spring Caverns & Spring Mill State Park
- Low cost of living paired with excellent schooling
- Dynamic amenities are minutes from Bloomington, IN – home to Big 10 conference member, Indiana University
- Just over an hour to both Indianapolis and Louisville
- Scenic country side with wildlife views at every turn
- Friend to the athlete with a 19-mile trail, multiple 5K races, annual Limestone Capital Half Marathon, and family friendly parks
- Small town feel with a variety of restaurants, boutiques, and shopping centers
- Known as the Limestone Capital of the world
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians providers deliver care in 11 counties in South Central Indiana (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, Owen, and Washington). The group covers a patient base of just under 500,000. The region is home to three hospitals and one ambulatory care center - IU Health Bloomington Hospital, IU Health Bedford Hospital, IU Health Paoli Hospital, and IU Health Morgan. Our region offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
Our Vision -
We will lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.
Our Values -
- Purpose: We work to do good in the lives of all others
- Excellence: We do our best at all times and in new ways
- Compassion: We treat all people with respect, empathy and kindness
- Team: We count on and care for each other
Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a multi-specialty provider group based in the South Central Region of Indiana. Our physicians and advanced practice providers are dedicated to providing quality care to south central Indiana.
As part of Indiana University Health, Southern Indiana Physicians is a part of Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. Our unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies.
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is the second largest physician group within IU Health and operates over 50 practices employing around 370 providers within the South Central Region of Indiana.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Indiana University Health Bedford Hospital is a modern, JCAHO approved rural health care facility which offers up-to-date technology and medical practices. IU Health Bedford Hospital operates as a critical access hospital with inpatient, outpatient and ambulatory care services and 24-hour emergency room and EMS services. Our dedicated specialties continue the Indiana University Health standard of excellence.
IU Health Bedford Hospital employs the physician group practice, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians, which is a multi-specialty practice providing medical services in internal medicine, family practice, general surgery, orthopedics, obstetrics and gynecology, and pediatrics. Nurse practitioners in adult and pediatric primary care have been added to expand medical care.
Indiana University Health Bedford Hospital's mission is to improve the health of our patients and community by providing high quality, compassionate, customer focused healthcare services, and to support the education and research initiatives of the Indiana University Health System.
We will provide assurance to our patients and community that their needs are met within our organization’s resources, and will be their provider of choice, or serve as navigator to access the broader resources of the IU Health regional and statewide network.