submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 962-4522
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians - Certified Nurse Midwife - Women's Health (Bloomington Hospital)
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is seeking a Certified Nurse Midwife to join our multidisciplinary, collaborative and supportive practice of OBGYN providers. This new midwifery practice will not only provide you the opportunity to learn and collaborate with our established physicians and midwives, but will also provide the opportunity to experience full scope midwifery in both the outpatient office setting and inpatient needs, building your own patient panel and able to deliver your own patients.
- Full time employment working in both inpatient and outpatient settings at brand new hospital in Bloomington
- Care for a diverse patient population with some high risk needs given level III NICU
- Main responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Vaginal deliveries
- Prenatal, antepartum and postpartum care
- General gynecology inpatient
- OB emergency triage and after hours phone triage
- Successful candidate will have critical thinking skills, strong communication, great patient experiences and be a team player
- Ideal candidate will have some OB experience in both inpatient and outpatient settings
- CNM providers preferred but will consider WHNPs if necessary
- Providers with 1-2 years experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Bloomington, Indiana is a progressive college town with the perfect blend of charm and culture. A community that prides itself not only on education and diversity, Bloomington has a robust arts and cultural scene including an officially designated cultural arts district (BEAD).
Residents of Bloomington enjoy the city's dynamic energy, spectacular scenery, outdoor adventure, and world-class educational opportunities.
- Named to Liveability's 2021 list of the Top 100 Best Places to Live and amongst Wallethub's 2020 Best Small Cities in America
- Vibrant downtown: arts, theaters, museums, and a thriving music scene
- Close proximity to top-ranked Indianapolis International Airport, voted "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Home of Big Ten conference member Indiana University, as well as highly-rated public and private schools
- Host of annual music festivals, art fairs, and fall festivals
- Lively nightlife, award-winning wineries and distilleries, shopping, and unique dining (including global cuisine)
- Home to Indiana's only national forest, the largest state park in Indiana (Brown County State Park) and Lake Monroe
- Active lifestyle, including collegiate sports, an urban biking trail, camping, caverns, boating, hiking, golfing, fishing, horseback riding, and skiing
- 45 minutes to Indianapolis, 90 minutes to Louisville, and easy access to Cincinnati and Chicago
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians providers deliver care in 11 counties in South Central Indiana (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, Owen, and Washington). The group covers a patient base of just under 500,000. The region is home to three hospitals and one ambulatory care center - IU Health Bloomington Hospital, IU Health Bedford Hospital, IU Health Paoli Hospital, and IU Health Morgan. Our region offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
Our Vision -
We will lead the transformation of healthcare through quality, innovation and education, and make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.
Our Values -
- Purpose: We work to do good in the lives of all others
- Excellence: We do our best at all times and in new ways
- Compassion: We treat all people with respect, empathy and kindness
- Team: We count on and care for each other
Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a multi-specialty provider group based in the South Central Region of Indiana. Our physicians and advanced practice providers are dedicated to providing quality care to south central Indiana. The second largest physician group within IU Health, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians operates over 50 practices and employs around 370 providers within the South Central Region of Indiana.
As part of Indiana University Health, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a member of Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. Our unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies. Our exceptional care and continued excellence have been recognized by U.S. News and World Report for the past 24 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation, and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is a not-for-profit organization and has a patient base of 413,000 in 10 counties (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, and Owen). IU Health Bloomington Hospital offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is one of the Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, and has been ranked as high-performing in kidney failure, heart attack, and stroke procedures and conditions by U.S. News and World Report.