submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 734-8905
Non-Invasive Cardiologist with no night/weekend call in Indianapolis
Indiana University Health Physicians is seeking a Non-Invasive Cardiologist to join our team at Johnson Memorial Hospital in Franklin, Indiana. This 100-bed community hospital is located just 25 miles south of downtown Indianapolis and has served as the county's only hospital since 1947.
- Referrals from primary care practices, continuity office-based care Monday - Friday
- Inpatient consultations Monday-Friday
- Non-invasive diagnostic testing including echo, nuclear and CCTA
- No night or weekend call
- American BC/BE in Cardiology
- Cardiovascular Disease fellowship-trained
- We offer a strong benefits package including group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401K with company match, PTO, relocation assistance, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance
- Opportunity qualifies for Federal Loan Forgiveness program
Located 22 miles directly South of Indianapolis in Johnson County, Franklin, Indiana has the personality of a small town wrapped up in a small city.
Franklin is an exciting blend of tradition and innovation. Franklin has a rich history, dating back to its founding in 1822. The county seat of Johnson County, Franklin has a population of roughly 22,000.
Franklin's downtown boasts traditional main street shops, coffeehouses and restaurants. Victorian mansions line King and Jefferson streets, and trails provide plenty of opportunities for a quiet walk or a scenic jog.
Franklin is the home of Franklin College, a private liberal arts college that was opened in 1834 by a group of Baptists, making it one of the oldest colleges in Indiana. In 1842, it became the first college in the state of Indiana to admit women.
Franklin is also a city on the move. The city is home to a state-of-the-art high school, a bustling night life, and nonprofit groups that work hard to advance quality of life in many ways. Also, the city's pro-business attitude and strategic location have attracted companies from all over the world, including five Japanese corporations.
A closer look at the city of Franklin will reveal a variety in housing opportunities, business and industrial growth, outstanding educational opportunities, award winning parks, and a rich history evident through the small town spirit of Franklin. While Franklin is actually a small city, it is simply "home" to its residents.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 25 years in a row, including six specialties among the top 50 in the nation or high performing
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. IU Health’s unique partnership with the nation’s second largest medical school, Indiana University School of Medicine, offers innovative treatments and therapies and remains a global leader in medical education and research.
Comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond, IU Health is honored to be recognized in such high distinctions.
- Indiana's only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 25 years in a row, including one specialty in the top 50, and five specialties rated as high performing
- Indiana University Health's Academic Health Center in Indianapolis is U.S. News & World Report's top-ranked hospital in Indiana
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is nationally ranked in nine pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, more than 200 hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. More than half of the physicians affiliated with the IU School of Medicine practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals.
No organization in Indiana is ranked higher or offers more highly ranked physicians than Indiana University Health. With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, our patients and families know that they're making an excellent choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.