submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 432-5428
IU Health Physicians - Primary Care Internal Medicine Physician (West Primary Care Practice)
Indiana University Health Physicians is seeking a BE/BC Internal Medicine, Med / Peds or Family Medicine physician to join our IU West Primary Care practice just west of the Indianapolis area in Avon, IN. Join our supportive team of collaborative providers who care for an adult population in a growing community!
- Full Time- Physician has flexibility to work either 4, 4.5, or 5 days per week. All working days are between Monday thru Friday. No weekends or holidays.
- Call: Nurse triage handles vast majority of call
- 100% Outpatient
- Procedures can include, but not limited to: simple skin surgery, sports medicine, fracture care, joint injections, etc.
- Opportunity to become involved in medical student and resident education
- IU Health West Primary Care
- 1115 N Ronald Regan Parkway Avon IN 46123
- View the current providers and services on the Practice Website
- Open to new and practicing physicians. Current residents encouraged to apply.
- American BE or BC in respective specialty
- Ability to acquire Indiana license
- We offer a strong compensation model with a comprehensive benefits package
- Early commitment stipend available for 2023 and 2024 residents
Avon, Indiana is a beautiful and growing suburb of Indianapolis located just five miles west of downtown Indianapolis in Hendricks County. Residents enjoy a variety of entertainment and recreation along with an assortment of other wonderful amenities.
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the top ten counties to buy a house in America, and amongst the best counties for families
- Rich musical tradition paired with major retailers and local cuisine options
- Entertainment options and cultural amenities for the entire family to enjoy
- Twenty minutes to top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- 30 parks and five golf courses within 7 miles offer outdoor amenities including trails, lakes, fishing, boating, disc golf, splash pad and athletic playing areas.
- Quick drive to lively downtown Indianapolis provides residents with big- city amenities including:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and winner of the National Biking Award
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 25 years in a row, including six specialties among the top 50 in the nation or high performing
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
At IU Health, you’ll find the most skilled network of primary care physicians in Indiana. Backed by the extensive resources and technology of the IU Health community, our primary care physicians and advanced providers practice at 50+ offices throughout the state of Indiana. Practice locations range from rural primary care clinics to faculty roles in metro areas with the Indiana University School of Medicine.