submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-0224
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2021 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
IU Health Physicians - Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Disease Cardiologist (Riley & Methodist Hospitals)
The Indiana University School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics and the Department of Cardiology at IU Health is seeking a full-time Pediatric and Adult Congenital Cardiologist to join the dynamic Cardiology team at Riley Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Ranked fifth in the nation by the U.S. News World & Report, the Riley Heart Center is one of the most highly respected programs for diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired heart conditions in children. For 2019, we performed 11,882 outpatient cardiology visits and provided 17,938 echocardiogram interpretations. Care within the Heart Center is managed by a highly skilled and experienced team of specialists, including cardiologists, cardiovascular surgeons, cardiovascular critical care specialists, cardiovascular anesthesiologists, neonatologists and adult cardiologists specializing in congenital heart disease. The Riley Heart Center is currently one of only seven pediatric heart programs in the U.S. with the highest quality rating (three-star) from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
- Faculty appointment with the IU School of Medicine
- Competitive compensation & benefits from IU Health Physicians & IU School of Medicine
- Join a close-knit and invested group of physicians invested in delivering the best care in a collegial manner
- Clinical and basic research opportunity exists with Pediatric and Adult Cardiology, but also included Wells Center and Krannert Institute of Cardiology investigators to collaborate with
- Evaluate and treat ACHD patients in all aspects of CV care
- Willing to consider either new graduate Adult Congenital Heart Disease fellow or experienced clinician with expertise in Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Fellowship trained in either Internal Medicine Cardiology or Pediatric Cardiology and Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Board Eligible/Board Certified in Internal Medicine and/or Pediatrics, either Internal Medicine Cardiology or Pediatric Cardiology, and Adult Congenital Heart Disease
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is a place of hope and healing for children and their families. As Indiana’s only comprehensive children’s hospital, we provide compassionate inpatient and outpatient care to more than 300,000 children each year. Additionally, our relationship with Indiana University Health and our affiliation with the Indiana University School of Medicine mean that we always have the most up-to-date research and innovative therapies close at hand. With 300 private inpatient rooms, our new 10-story Simon Family Tower ensures that we can continue to deliver high-quality pediatric healthcare while enhancing patient and family satisfaction.
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, with pediatric specialists in every field of medicine and surgery, offers one of the nation's largest outpatient care facilities for children, the world's largest pediatric sleep disorders center and one of the nation's largest three autism treatment centers. Here, the youngest patients are treated in an environment of excellence.
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the nation's top children's hospitals by Child magazine and is Indiana's top and only nationally ranked children's hospital by U.S. News & World Report. Additionally, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health has been nationally ranked in 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report, including 2 specialties in the top 5 and 5 specialties in the top 15. Today, Riley at IU Health is the 6th largest children's hospital in the country and is staffed by IU School of Medicine physicians.
The Riley Children's Foundation is committed to improving the health and well-being of children through philanthropic leadership in support of Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health and its research programs.