submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 627-4924
IU Health Physicians - Pediatric Gastroenterologist (Riley Outpatient Clinic)
We are seeking a patient-focused Pediatric Gastroenterologist to join our highly skilled team at the nationally ranked Riley Hospital for Children and grow our pediatric gastroenterology care in the state's second largest city, Fort Wayne, Indiana The board certified pediatric gastroenterologists and skilled team members at Riley provide expert, personalized care to children with conditions of the digestive tract, liver and pancreas, as well as nutritional issues.
Through comprehensive evaluation, individualized treatment and extensive education, we work with each child to improve health and ensure quality of life. Our team of 20 specialists (including three hepatologists) are national leaders in research and clinical care, performing more than 3,000 endoscopies and managing over 20,000 outpatient visits each year.
- Leadership opportunity as one of the fore-front providers to expand pediatric gastroenterology care in the Fort Wayne area
- Built in referral base of primary care physicians established in Fort Wayne
- Enjoy a fresh new work environment with a brand new office and exam rooms!
- Faculty appointment with the Indiana University School of Medicine providing opportunities to lead as a clinician educator and improve care through research. Riley at IU Health gastroenterology physicians are currently participating in 81 approved research studies to advance the care and treatment of common and complex GI and liver disorders
- Comprehensive benefits package provided by IU Health Physicians & IU School of Medicine
- Completion of pediatric residency & pediatric gastroenterology fellowship
- Board Certified/Eligible in Pediatrics & Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure
- Experienced providers only
- Fort Wayne is Indiana's 2nd largest city and boasts one of the lowest cost of living areas in the nation (ranked as fifth on U.S. News and World Report's 2022-2023 list of Best Affordable Places to live in the U.S.)
- Voted #1 city to raise a family in the US by Smartasset.com
- The city is home to 82+ miles of beautiful trails circling a vibrant, eclectic downtown area surrounded by three rivers
- Named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the 100 Best Places to live in America, & U.S. News and World Report's 2022-2023 list of the Best Places to Live in the U.S.
- From Broadway theatre shows, one of the nation's top zoos, to beautiful museums and riverfront boat tours - the city has something to satisfy a wide array of interests
- Farm-to-fork dining, lively nightlife, live music, and celebrated minor league sports teams (baseball, basketball and hockey)
- Host of diverse festivals and a strong regional arts and crafts heritage (with a new mural trail)
- Active lifestyle includes kayaking, canoeing and paddle boarding at over 200 area lakes, PGA golf courses, bike trails, state parks, camping and a quarter-mile toboggan run
- Home to an international airport, named "the nation's friendliest airport" by USA Today
- Conveniently located to major metro areas of Chicago, Detroit and Indianapolis, in addition, a short drive to access the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan and wine country
- Top-tier school systems - both private and public options
- Learn more about Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana by watching this video
Riley Children's Health is Indiana's only full service statewide pediatric health system. Riley Children's Health offers complete, comprehensive pediatric care ranging from routine primary care checkups to the most complex acute care needs from highly skilled pediatric specialists. The system connects patients with 200 primary care and 400 specialty physicians in 19 communities across the state of Indiana. Riley Physicians treat patients in their home communities, bringing top-notch care close to home. This statewide network is an extension of Riley Hospital for Children, one of the nation's leading children's hospitals.
Riley Children's unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine means that we always have the most up-to-date research and innovative therapies close at hand.
At Riley Children's, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.