submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3948
IU Health Physicians - Orthopedic Surgery, Joint Replacement
Indiana University Health West hospital has an Ortho Joint Replacement physician opening in the western Indianapolis suburb of Avon, IN. Avon is conveniently located 13 miles from downtown Indianapolis.
IU Department of Orthopaedics is expanding its Joint Replacement Section. This is a great opportunity to be a part of growing team and work alongside some of the best in the industry. If you are interested in a highly productive clinical practice and clinical research, then this is the place to be.
IU Health is Indiana’s largest and most comprehensive healthcare system. We partner with IU School of Medicine, one of the nation’s largest medical schools, so we are able to provide leading-edge medicine and treatment options to our patients.
IU Health’s exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 21 years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation’s best healthcare systems and is the #1 ranked system in Indiana.
- Full time
- Schedule: varies
- On-Call: Shared coverage for general ortho call at suburb hospital
- 50% Inpatient/ 50% Outpatient
- Hip and knee replacements – both primary and revisions
- Work with section and department leaders to expand joint replacement services for West Central Region.
- Work collaboratively with local primary care teams and rehab/short term care facilities
- About the Team:
- Collaborative and comprehensive clinical and academic department. For more than 60 years, has been providing patient care using the most advanced technologies, attracting the best and brightest medical students, residents, and fellows throughout the Midwest. The department continues to grow, expanding its expertise across multiple orthopedic specialties, and furthering collaborative efforts in a multi-disciplinary approach to care.
- Learn more on IU Health’s website
- Ideal start date is summer 2019
- Joint Replacement Fellowship Required
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified
- Open to new and experienced physicians
- IU Health offers a strong compensation model with benefits
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
- For more details, contact IU Health recruiter Jeff at: 317-963-3948 or email@example.com
Avon, Indiana is a beautiful suburb of Indianapolis located just five miles west of downtown Indianapolis in Hendricks County and ten minutes from the Indianapolis International Airport. Residents enjoy a variety of entertainment and recreation along with an assortment of other wonderful amenities.
- Ranked 17th by Money Magzine in "Best Placed to Live in America" in 2017
- Rich musical tradition paired with major retailers and local cuisine options
- Entertainment options and cultural amenities for the entire family to enjoy
- Close proximity to Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Over 200 acres of park land offers outdoor amenities including trails, lakes, fishing, boating, 18 hole golf course, splash pad and athletic playing areas.
- Quick drive to lively downtown Indianapolis provides residents with big- city amenities including:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport; "Best Airport in North America" four consecutive years (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and winner of the National Biking Award
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health West Hospital, located in Avon, a beautiful suburb of Indianapolis, is a 129-bed, full-service, community-based hospital rooted in the history of excellence established by Indiana University Health's heritage hospitals: IU Health Methodist Hospital, IU Health University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health.
IU Health West Hospital offers a full range of patient care services including maternity, orthopedics and cancer care - all delivered in an extraordinary Sanctuary of Healing environment designed to exceed patients' expectations of the "typical" health care experience.
IU Health West Hospital embodies a health care environment unlike any other - one where our outstanding caregivers, cutting-edge technology and the healing power of a remarkable, natural environment combine to provide an unmatched experience for patients and their loved ones.
IU Health West Hospital has achieved Magnet® recognition, reflecting the highest standards for its nursing professionalism, teamwork and superiority in patient care. Only six percent of U.S. healthcare facilities have received this designation.
IU Health West Hospital joins six other Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, IU Health University Hospital, IU Health Methodist Hospital, IU Health Bloomington Hospital, IU Health La Porte Hospital and IU Health Goshen Hospital.
The hospital sees more than 8,000 admissions and nearly 118,000 oupatient visits annually.