submit your CV directly:
Physician and Advanced Provider Recruiter
phone: (317) 919-6946
IU Health Physicians - Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Emergency Medicine (Ball Memorial Hospital)
IU Health Physicians is hiring! We are seeking a part-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our fast-paced and supportive Emergency Medicine team at Ball Memorial Hospital!
- Rotating, 12 hour shifts
- No call
- Team includes 16 physicians and 13 advanced practice providers
- Ability to see acuity level 2, 3, 4, 5.
- Work independently in different areas of the Emergency Department including triage, main department, and clinical decision unit
- Procedures include assisting with sedations, simple wound closure, digital blocks, dental blocks, stints, reductions, foreign body removal, suture/staple removal, I&D, epitaxsis anterior/posterior packs.
- FNP or PA certification required
- If new graduate, clinical rotation/RN experience in the ED required
- At least 1 year of Advanced Practice Provider experience in Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care, or Family Medicine preferred
- We offer a strong compensation model
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
Enjoy an affordable cost of living in Muncie, Indiana, while taking advantage of the many world-class amenities this community has to offer. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University, offering exceptional education, collegiate sports and entertainment
- Arts and culture for all ages at the Muncie Civic Theatre, Minnetrista Cultural Center, Oakhurst Gardens and the Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Family-friendly activities at the Museum of Art, Muncie Children's Museum, Planetarium, and the National Model Aviation Musuem (one of the country's largest)
- Outdoor recreation includes boating, fishing and camping at the Prairie Creek Reservoir, hop on the state's largest longest span of recreational trails on the Cardinal Greenway, and golf amongst the champions at the Crestview Golf Club
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine, and outdoor music and food festivals
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities for the community's dedication to civic engagement and innovation
- Quick drive to Indianapolis and the suburbs of Fishers and Noblesville, as well as Chicago and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 24 years in a row, with two specialties ranked in the top 50 (geriatrics and ear, nose and throat)
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is a 350-bed hospital and is designated as a level 3 trauma center. It is both a teaching hospital and a regional tertiary referral center, and ranked fourth in the state by U.S. News and World Report.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report has ranked IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital as high performing in congestive heart failure, COPD, diabetes, heart attack, kidney failure, and stroke procedures and conditions.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.