submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-5688
IU Health Physicians - Nurse Practitioner - Geriatrics (Senior Health Clinic)
IU Health Physicians has an employment opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner to join the Eskenazi House Calls for Seniors team located in Indianapolis, Indiana. We are looking for an NP to provide ongoing in-home assessment and management of the elderly. This will be a team-based case model with social workers and other multidisciplinary specialists.
This position is with House Calls for Seniors and Center for Senior Health Clinic Sessions.
- Full-time/ 100% outpatient
- Work schedule: Monday-Friday
- Call schedule: Rotating 1:11 weekends
- Responsibilities include house calls for homebound patients
- Geriatric experience preferred
- Will consider new graduates with experience working with the geriatric population
- For more information, please visit: Eskenazi House Calls for Seniors
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Eskenazi Health is one of America’s five largest safety net health systems, providing care to nearly 1 million outpatient visitors each year. Eskenazi Health’s mission is to Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve, with special emphasis on the vulnerable populations of Marion County, Indiana. Eskenazi Health is one of the leading providers of health care in Central Indiana, with physicians from the Indiana University School of Medicine providing a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services within our 315-bed hospital and inpatient facilities as well as 11 community health centers located throughout Indianapolis.
Eskenazi Health is home to the first of two adult Level I trauma centers in Indiana and the region’s only adult burn center, the Richard M. Fairbanks Burn Center at Eskenazi Health. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Eskenazi Health has nationally recognized programs, including Eskenazi Health Midtown Community Mental Health and the Eskenazi Health Center Primary Care - Center of Excellence in Women’s Health, and is the supervising hospital for Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services, the city’s primary EMS provider.
At Eskenazi Health, the focus is on excellent quality, patient-centered care. Patients are provided with excellent quality care indiscriminately and without consideration of financial factors. This patient-centered model of primary and preventive care encourages patient participation and interaction.