submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-0224
IU Health Physicians - Non-Invasive Cardiologist (Saxony Hospital)
Join Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University's Division of Cardiology growing teams at one of our suburban hospitals in Indianapolis! Indianapolis is the country's 15th largest city.
We are seeking a patient-access focused Cardiologist to collaborate with our highly skilled departments.
Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for 23 consecutive years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best and is the #1 ranked healthcare system in Indiana. With 16 hosptials and hundreds of clinics, we are the state's largest healthcare system.
IU Health partners with the nation's largest medical school, Indiana University School of Medicine. So, we provide leading-edge medicine and treatment options for our patients.
As Indiana’s leading health system dedicated to improving the health of Hoosiers, we provide reliable access to specialty care.
- Due to our ongoing expansion, we have opportunities for exceptional Cardiologists to join us in IUHP Community Medicine
- Positions are available at our suburban hospitals
- Open to Interventional Cardiologist or EP trained Physicians with a strong interest in practicing general cardiology
- All opportunities will include outpatient and inpatient settings and a chance to see a wide variety of cardiology related diagnoses
- Practices have robust Echo and Nuclear volumes
- Access to state of the art Cardiac CT and MRI equipment, with an opportunity to grow volumes and expand the advanced imaging program
- Teaching opportunities are also available if desired by the candidate, no academic requirements
- Position will include outreach clinic at a Primary Care Office as at least 2 days per month
- Mulitple practice locations are available (physician will have one primary location):
- IU Health Methodist Medical Plaza South – Greenwood, Indiana
- IU Health Saxony - Fishers, Indiana
- IU Health North - Carmel, Indiana
- IU Health West - Avon, Indiana
- Must be MD or DO
- Cardiovascular Disease fellowship-trained in the United States
- As long as candidate is open to a primarily generalist position, candidate can have additional fellowship-training
- BE/BC in Cardiology
- Ability to acquire Indiana license
- Outstanding clinical skills are required
- H1B visa sponsorship available
- We offer a strong compensation model with a comprehensive benefits package including group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Fishers, Indiana is a lovely suburb of Indianapolis located just 20 minutes north and east of downtown Indianapolis. The town is a Midwest community synonymous with balancing growth and progress. While experiencing an influx of commercial and residential migration over the past 10 years with a 600 percent population growth, Fishers has maintained a sense of community with a strong history of family values and successful businesses.
- Ranked number three in the Best Places to Live in America according to Money in 2019
- Close proximity to Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- An education system that leads the state – Fishers High School, Hamilton Southeastern High School and New Britton Elementary School all ranked 10 out of 10 by GreatSchools.org in academics
- Parks and recreation system that includes 17 parks and more than 60 miles of paths and trails
- 20 minutes to Indianapolis, and easy access to Chicago, Louisville and Cincinnati via nearby interstate roadways
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Saxony Hospital is a 44-bed hospital located in the town of Fishers, Indiana, a beautiful northwestern suburb of Indianapolis. IU Health Saxony Hospital delivers specific care in three service lines: cardiovascular, orthopedics and neurosurgery (spine).
IU Health Saxony Hospital is in partnership with the nationally recognized Indiana University Health system and is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s largest medical schools. The hospital offers area residents access to innovative treatment options grounded in the latest medical research.