submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 962-4522
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2021 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport -Named "Best Airport" Nine Years Straight
IU Health Physicians - Neonatologist (Greater Indianapolis Area)
Riley Hospital for Children at Indiana University Health is seeking a patient-focused Neonatologist to collaborate with our highly skilled teams throughout the Indianapolis area. Treating nearly 700 newborns each year and staffed by board certified neonatologists, our expert team delivers the highest level of care to neonates in need of specialized, lifesaving services. In many cases, our care begins prenatally and continues through the NICU stay. We collaborate with the full spectrum of medical, surgical and interventional subspecialists and coordinate appropriate neurodevelopmental follow-up upon discharge from the hospital. Our team is multidisciplinary with dedicated advanced practice providers who communicate with referring obstetricians, neonatologists, pediatricians and primary care physicians about infants being treated in our NICUs.
- Primary day time attending coverage at Community Health East Hospital with the possibility of day time service at Community Health North Hospital and other NICUs managed by the Division of Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
- Night call expectations will be similar to other full-time faculty within the Division
- Advocacy for the needs of high-risk neonates and their families as appropriate
- Faculty appointment with the Indiana University School of Medicine
- Required to participate in faculty meetings and additional departmental activities
- Rank is based on experience
- Competitive compensation with benefits
- Completion of pediatric residency and neonatal-perinatal medicine fellowship
- BE/BC in pediatrics and neonatal-perinatal medicine
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure
- New graduates and experienced providers encouraged to apply
- Visa sponsorship available; H1B
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,000 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,000 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is a place of hope and healing for children and their families. As Indiana’s only comprehensive children’s hospital, we provide compassionate inpatient and outpatient care to more than 300,000 children each year. Additionally, our relationship with Indiana University Health and our affiliation with the Indiana University School of Medicine mean that we always have the most up-to-date research and innovative therapies close at hand. With 300 private inpatient rooms, our new 10-story Simon Family Tower ensures that we can continue to deliver high-quality pediatric healthcare while enhancing patient and family satisfaction.
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, with pediatric specialists in every field of medicine and surgery, offers one of the nation's largest outpatient care facilities for children, the world's largest pediatric sleep disorders center and one of the nation's largest three autism treatment centers. Here, the youngest patients are treated in an environment of excellence.
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the nation's top children's hospitals by Child magazine and is Indiana's top and only nationally ranked children's hospital by U.S. News & World Report. Additionally, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health has been nationally ranked in nine pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report, including 2 specialties in the top 5 and 4 specialties in the top 15. Today, Riley at IU Health is the 6th largest children's hospital in the country and is staffed by IU School of Medicine physicians.
The Riley Children's Foundation is committed to improving the health and well-being of children through philanthropic leadership in support of Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health and its research programs.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.