submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3119
IU Health Physicians - Medical Director, Emergency Medicine (North Hospital)
Join Indiana University Health and become part of the largest healthcare system in Indiana! We offer an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Emergency Medicine Physician to serve as Medical Director for the Emergency Department of IU North Hospital.
We are among the 8% of healthcare systems in the United States that did not have to furlough, lay off or reduce the pay of physicians in 2020!
Why Indiana University Health?
- With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years.
- The Indiana University School of Medicine leads the science of emergency medicine, thriving in a rich research environment, including the highest-ranked Clinical and Translational Science Institute in the United States.
- Indiana University Health’s Emergency Medicine continues to set new training standards for medical students, residents, and fellows.
What does this mean for you?
- An unparalleled career in an environment in which you will practice alongside preeminent international leaders in the study and advancement of emergency care.
- An opportunity like no other to inform the trajectory of Indiana University Health Emergency Medicine.
The Medical Director reflects the vision and values of IU Health, the Indiana University School of Medicine, and the Department of Emergency Medicine. This key hospital leader adheres to the organization’s Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines, and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- As Emergency Medicine Medical Director of IU North Hospital, you will expand and enhance your emergency medicine career as you serve as the on-site clinical leader and supervisor while developing and coordinating the clinical service that assures a multidisciplinary, comprehensive, patient-oriented approach to healthcare.
- The Medical Director is responsible for the appropriateness, quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the medical care delivered within the clinical service.
- While representing the clinical department, and serving as a liaison to the medical staff, the Emergency Medicine Medical Director will work with the Academic Chair, the CMO, and Nursing and Administrative leadership to establish and implement regulatory guidelines/
Qualifications: Must be Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek was named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health North Hospital, located in beautiful Carmel, IN, just 10 miles north of Indianapolis, is a full-service, 189-bed hospital committed to providing exceptional care and service. With dedicated pavilions for specialty surgery, women and children, and an attached medical office building, IU Health North Hospital brings together physician offices, inpatient beds and operating rooms in a state-of-the-art facility.
IU Health North Hospital is where the very best from Indiana University Health - IU Health Methodist Hospital, IU Health University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health - have collaborated to bring technology, more than 100 years of health care experience and compassionate caregivers together for superior patient treatment. The nationally ranked IU Health System is strengthened by a unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine which gives doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
IU Health North Hospital is located on the northwest corner of 116th Street and U.S. 31 North/Meridian Street in Carmel, Indiana.
IU Health North Hospital has been rated by U.S. News & World Report as high performing in Orthopaedics, hip replacement, and knee replacement, and to IBM Watson Health & Fortune's list of America's 100 Best Hospitals.