submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 962-4522
IU Health Physicians - Infectious Disease
IU Health Physicians Infectious Diseases has an opportunity for a BC/BE Infectious Disease physician to provide services primarily to IU Health Methodist Hospital located in Indianapolis.
Other locations include:
- IU Health North Hospital
- IU Health West Hospital
- IU Health Saxony Hospital
- St. Francis Hospital - Indianapolis
- Ortho Indy Hospital - Indianapolis
- Full-time, Monday - Friday (unless weekend call)
- Weekend call every 4th - 6th weekend
- 85% inpatient, 15% outpatient
- Responsibilities include clinical patient care of complex patients in a quarternary care hospital as well as multiple suburban community hospitals, work with heart/lung transplant programs, work with mechanical circulatory support program, work with IU Health Lifecare in caring for large population of HIV patients, assist in caring for patients in a bone marrow transplant program. Will also see a wide variety of common and uncommon ID patients working with the hospitalist, ICU, neurosurgical, cardiovascular and orthopedic programs within IU Health.
- Inpatient rounding is assisted by dedicated ID nurse practitioners
- Very collegial, team environment focused on excellent, efficient patient care
- Opportunities for teaching available
- Generous compensation
- Complete benefit package: health, dental, life, disability, retirement contributions, malpractice and CME
- About IU Health Physicians Infectious Diseases
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 14th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- "Best Places to Live in America" according to Money in 2017 included Fishers, IN at number one, Carmel at number 16, Avon at number 17 and Greenwood at number 22.
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Methodist Hospital is one of two adult Level One Trauma Centers in Indiana with 782 beds. IU Health Methodist Hospital is a national and regional health care leader through its commitment to excellence, accessibility and prominence. IU Health Methodist Hospital was recognized in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 as the top ranked hospital in the country for quality and safety by University Health Consortium and has been ranked among the top 50 national programs in U.S.News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals" guide for 10 consecutive years.
IU Health Methodist Hospital is also designated as a Magnet® Hospital, recognizing excellence in nursing services and high-quality clinical outcomes for patients. IU Health Methodist Hospital is one of seven Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, IU Health University Hospital, IU Health Goshen Hospital, IU Health Bloomington Hospital, IU Health La Porte Hospital and IU Health West Hospital.
It is home to the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, one of the few clinically-based medical ethics centers in the country, and home to the IU Health Methodist Research Institute which conducts outcomes-based research to understand how medical practices, health policies and health care spending affect the quality of patient outcomes.
Notable facts include:
- Indiana University Health is the fourth largest employer in Indiana (Source: IBJ, 2016)
- Nationally ranked organ transplant center based on total transplant volume (bone marrow, heart, intestine, kidney, liver, lung and pancreas); one of only a few centers nationally to have each of these programs certified by Medicare.
- Largest neuroscience critical care unit in the country.
- One of the largest critical care departments in the country.
- Award-winning comprehensive cardiac critical care unit.
- First, largest and most comprehensive intensive care patient electronic monitoring system (e-ICU) in Central Indiana.
- Nationally ranked orthopedic services.
- Statewide leader in staff physician specialties, with specialists onsite 24 hours a day.
- Nationally ranked urology program and home to the International Kidney Stone Institute.
- Over 1,500 geriatric patient visits per year for medical treatment, education, counseling and research.