submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 478-3009
General Neurologist with Growth Opportunities
IU Health Physicians is seeking an additional General Neurologist to join our friendly, collegial, growing team at IU Health Saxony Hospital in Fishers, IN.
- Practice in a large hospital, alongside some of the best practices in the state
- Monday-Friday, night/weekend call required (in a call pool), 50-mile radius for all response
- A mix of inpatient (10%) and outpatient (90%) work (100% clinically focused)
- Procedures performed included EMG, EEG, and LP
- The position is focused on general Neurology
- Teaching and research opportunities are also available if desired by the candidate
- Salary and benefits are competitive with total compensation negotiable depending on the type of clinical practice
- Residency training in Neurology required
- Open to subspecialists including behavioral, child, critical care, general, EEG, EMG, headache, movement disorder, multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular, epilepsy, neurorehabilitation, sports, and stroke
- American Board Eligible or Board Certified in Neurology
- Physician licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
Fishers, Indiana is a lovely suburb of Indianapolis located just 20 minutes north and east of downtown Indianapolis. The town is a Midwest community synonymous with balancing growth and progress. While experiencing an influx of commercial and residential migration over the past 10 years with a 600 percent population growth, Fishers has maintained a sense of community with a strong history of family values and successful businesses.
- Ranked number three in the Best Places to Live in America according to Money in 2019 and as one of Wallethub's 2021 Best Small Cities in America
- The Nickel Plate District downtown boasts a growing dining scene, boutiques, attractions, and concerts at a state of-the-art amphitheater
- Home to Conner Prairie, a living history museum that also hosts the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's summer series for Symphony on the Prairie.
- Close proximity to top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- An education system that leads the state – Fishers High School, Hamilton Southeastern High School and New Britton Elementary School all ranked 10 out of 10 by GreatSchools.org in academics
- Parks and recreation system that includes 17 parks and more than 60 miles of paths and trails, with water recreation nearby at the Geist Reservoir
- 20 minutes to Indianapolis, and easy access to Chicago, Louisville and Cincinnati via nearby interstate roadways
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 24 years in a row, with two specialties ranked in the top 50 (geriatrics and ear, nose and throat)
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Saxony Hospital is a 44-bed hospital located in the town of Fishers, Indiana, a beautiful northwestern suburb of Indianapolis. IU Health Saxony Hospital delivers a primary focus on surgical services for cardiovascular and orthopaedics, and provides area residents with the latest advancements in medical care and treatment. The hospital offers the only 24/7 coverage for urgent heart care in the city of Fishers, and is home to the IU Health Hip and Knee Center (where more hip and knee replacements are performed than any other IU Health facility in the state).
IU Health Saxony Hospital is proud to be an integral part of Saxony and the Fishers community. A leader in promoting and preserving wellness, hospital team members are eager to work in collaborative ways to help area residents lead healthier lives. Designated as a Dementia Friends facility, IU Health Saxony Hospital is the first hospital in the state to have every employee at the hospital (regardless of interaction with a patient) to have completed training in assisting and caring for patients with dementia.