submit your CV directly:
Physician and Advanced Provider Recruiter
phone: (317) 963-4996
IU Health Physicians - General Anesthesiologist (University Hospital)
Indiana University Health Physicians is looking for a patient-centered, collaborative, supportive General Anesthesiologist with a commitment to excellence in clinical care, education, and/or research to join our team in Indianapolis, IN.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Join an established group of Anesthesiologists and Anesthetists
- Full-time, Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-4:00 pm
- Call included
- Combination of inpatient and outpatient responsbilities
- Flexible scheduling to support faculty research, academic, quality projects and initiatives
- Multiple practice locations; University Hospital and Meridian South Surgery Center
- Teaching opportunities including an academic faculty appointment
- Residency training in Anesthesiology
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Anesthesiology
- Physician licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
- Visa sponsorship available; H-1B
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek was named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health University Hospital is a major teaching hospital and a recognized leader in technology. IU Health University Hospital offers patients access to treatments, therapies and procedures that are found only in the most advanced academic medical centers. Many of the advances start in the Indiana University School of Medicine research laboratories and are incorporated into patient care through clinical research programs at IU Health University Hospital.
IU Health University Hospital is home to outstanding, nationally recognized programs. The only National Cancer Institute (NCI) designated cancer center in the state, the Indiana University Health Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center, has its home at IU Health University Hospital.
IU Health University Hospital is also home to the largest transplant program by volume in Indiana. Surgeons perform technologically advanced procedures such as pancreas transplant to cure type 1 diabetes and performed the first live Twitter-cast surgery in the state, a living kidney donation transplant, in June 2012.
Several of IU Health University Hospital's clinical programs have been consistently ranked throughout the years among the best in the nation by U.S. News and World Report, including three specialties in the top 50 for 2020-21, and ranked as Indiana's top hospital. This knowledge is passed on to Indiana's future doctors, as more than half of Indiana's physicians are trained at IU Health University Hospital.
IU Health University Hospital operates as a part of Indiana University Health, Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. IU Health includes hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond.