submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3948
IU Health Physicians - Family Medicine with OB
IU Health Physicians is seeking a BE/BC Family Medicine with OB physician to join their established and reputable team at IUH Jay Hospital and surrounding Physician practices.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 20 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
On-Call: 1:3; OB coverage shared with fellow providers
10% Inpatient / 90% Outpatient
Key Responsibilities: Providing FM/OB care for Jay County and surrounding rural areas. Approximately 100 deliveries per year. Engaged and supportive practice environment with excellent quality and patient experience. Utilize Cerner EMR.
Patient Volume: average 80 pts/wk
Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified in either OB or FM with OB
Interested in residents, fellows and practicing physicians
We offer a strong compensation model with income guarantee, WRVU bonus, sign-on bonus and loan repayment
Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
Portland, Indiana is rural community located in East Central Indiana. The community offers diversity in economic development, employment and education along with affordable housing.
- A beautiful downtown provides unique shopping in the many historic buildings and also offers a deeper look at the city’s past history
- Many family parks offer relaxing afternoons and invigorating recreation
- The Arts Place is the premier community arts facility of the region which includes a theatre, art galleries, classrooms and studios and is also home of the “Landscape’s Legacy”, a one-of-a-kind tile relief mural
- Fun community events take place in the summer such as the Tri-State Gas Engine Show – the world’s largest, a Vintage Bike Show – the nation’s largest, and the Annual Gathering of the Great Lakes Nations Pow Wow – which celebrates the Native American culture and history through traditional demonstrations including drums, dances, and displays of Native American items
- 50 minutes to Ft. Wayne, 90 minutes to Indianapolis, and 150 minutes to Chicago
IU Health Jay Hospital has been in Portland for more than 100 years and is dedicated to providing quality care. Jay County Hospital is a critical access hospital that provides comprehensive care, from diagnosis to recovery, and offers a full range of services including emergency, obstetrics, medical and surgical subspecialties.
At IU Health Jay Hospital, we strive to promote health and wellness in the communities we serve while providing access to the highest quality, compassion, and trusted care.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Jay County Hospital is a 25-bed rural critical access hospital, with a 10-bed LifeBridge, Senior Behavioral Health Unit, located in Portland, Indiana. Jay County hospital provides comprehensive care, from diagnosis to recovery. A wide range of services are available including a 24-hour emergency department, radiology and nuclear medicine services, laboratory, physical/occupational/speech therapy, cardiac rehabilitation, sleep lab, infusion clinic, respiratory therapy, obstetrics department, outpatient surgery center, and a specialty referral clinic.
Jay County Hospital is a progressive, comprehensive, trusted health care leader dedicated to improving the health of all we serve, providing excellent, compassionate and cost effective care.