submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3948
Med / Peds
IU Health Physicians - Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician (Avon Practice)
Indiana University Health Physicians Primary Care has an opening for a BC/BE Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Med/Peds physician at IU Health's Family Medicine Avon practice. Avon is a top-ranked suburb 15 miles west of downtown Indianapolis.
IU Health has been nationally-ranked by US News and World Report for the past 23 years. With 16 hospitals and hundreds of clinics throughout the state, IU Health is Indiana's largest and number-one-ranked healthcare system in the state.
- Full time is 36 clinical hours/week plus admin time
- Potential for 4 or 4.5 days work week.
- No weekends
- Call: Nurse triage handles approximately 90% of calls
- 100% outpatient practice
- Clinic offers same-day appointments
- Patient focused, team oriented, fast-paced practice
- Candidate provides care for a mixed patient population of all ages
- Must be comfortable working with advanced providers
- Procedures include, but not limited to: simple skin surgery, sports medicine, fracture care, joint injections, maternity care, IUD's, etc.
- All practices utilize Cerner for electronic medical records
- Physicians are faculty in the Department of Family Medicine at IU School of Medicine
- Opportunity to become involved in medical student and resident education
- Competitive salary package with comprehensive benefits package
- Early commitment stipend available for 2021 and 2022 residents
- Practice website: https://iuhealth.org/find-locations/iu-health-physicians-family-medicine-iu-health-physicians-6845-e-us-36
- Address: 6845 E US 36, Avon, IN 46123
- Must be DO or MD
- Residency training completed in the United States
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in respective specialty
- Ability to acquire Indiana license
- Visa sponsorship available: H1B
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city, and surrounding suburbs, enjoy:
- Leading educational systems and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Top ranked international airport; "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquariums, concerts and memorials
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods, surrounding cultural districts, and low costs of living, including Eagle Creek, named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating, bike-friendly, and an abundance of parks and green space
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health West Hospital, located in Avon, a beautiful suburb of Indianapolis, is a 129-bed, full-service, community-based hospital rooted in the history of excellence established by Indiana University Health's heritage hospitals: IU Health Methodist Hospital, IU Health University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health.
IU Health West Hospital offers a full range of patient care services including maternity, orthopedics and cancer care - all delivered in an extraordinary Sanctuary of Healing environment designed to exceed patients' expectations of the "typical" health care experience.
IU Health West Hospital embodies a health care environment unlike any other - one where our outstanding caregivers, cutting-edge technology and the healing power of a remarkable, natural environment combine to provide an unmatched experience for patients and their loved ones.
IU Health West Hospital has achieved Magnet® recognition, reflecting the highest standards for its nursing professionalism, teamwork and superiority in patient care. Only six percent of U.S. healthcare facilities have received this designation.
IU Health West Hospital has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as high performing in Geriatrics, Nephrology, Pulmonology, COPD, and Heart Failure conditions.
The hospital sees more than 8,000 admissions and nearly 118,000 outpatient visits annually.