submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3119
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2021 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for a Decade
IU Health Physicians - Emergency Medicine Physician (Eskenazi Hospitals)
Want to provide challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient? Join our growing and compassionate team at Indiana University Health. We are seeking an Emergency Medicine Physician to collaborate with our highly skilled team at Eskenazi Hospital in Indianapolis, IN. This position will include both clinical and academic components in our academic health center located downtown. Become a part of our supportive, collegial network of dedicate providers!
- Full-Time 100% clinical
- Level 1 Trauma Center
- Quarterly scheduling offering more flexibility
- Outstanding clinical opportunity with an academic system and affiliation with Indiana University School of Medicine
- Candidate must be BC or BE in Emergency Medicine
- Strong interpersonal skills preferred
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2022-2023 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 24 years in a row, with two specialties ranked in the top 50 (geriatrics and ear, nose and throat)
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Eskenazi Health is one of America’s five largest safety net health systems, providing care to nearly 1 million outpatient visitors each year. Eskenazi Health’s mission is to Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve, with special emphasis on the vulnerable populations of Marion County, Indiana. Eskenazi Health is one of the leading providers of health care in Central Indiana, with physicians from the Indiana University School of Medicine providing a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services within our 400-bed hospital and inpatient facilities as well as 11 community health centers located throughout Indianapolis.
Eskenazi Health is home to the first of two adult Level I trauma centers in Indiana and the region’s only adult burn center, the Richard M. Fairbanks Burn Center at Eskenazi Health. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Eskenazi Health has nationally recognized programs, including Eskenazi Health Midtown Community Mental Health and the Eskenazi Health Center Primary Care - Center of Excellence in Women’s Health, and is the supervising hospital for Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services, the city’s primary EMS provider.
At Eskenazi Health, the focus is on excellent quality, patient-centered care. Patients are provided with excellent quality care indiscriminately and without consideration of financial factors. This patient-centered model of primary and preventive care encourages patient participation and interaction.