submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3119
IU Health Physicians - Emergency Medicine Physician (Blackford Hospital)
Want to provide challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient? Join our growing and compassionate team at Indiana University Health. We are seeking an Emergency Medicine Physician to collaborate with our highly skilled teams at IU Blackford Hospital in Hartford City, Indiana.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Full-Time clinical position with opportunity for leadership/administrative role
- Opportunity to work with a collaborative, supportive group of physicians
- Outstanding clinical opportunity at IU Health Blackford Hospital with some optional coverage options at IU Health Ball Memorial in Muncie (level III trauma center)
- Quarterly scheduling
- 12 hour shifts averaging 13 shifts per month; schedule is 7a-7p, 7p-7a
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Hartford City is located in east central Indiana in Blackford County. Hartford City is about 40 miles west of Interstate 75 and 10 miles east of Interstate 69. Hartford City is very close to Ball State University in Muncie, Taylor University in Upland, Indiana Wesleyan in Marion and IVY Tech in both Marion and Muncie.
You will find Hartford City has many fine parks. Recreational facilities are plentiful. Baseball, softball, football and soccer are all available to boys and girls from T-Ball age level on.
City government is modern and efficient.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. IU Health’s unique partnership with the nation’s second largest medical school, Indiana University School of Medicine, offers innovative treatments and therapies and remains a global leader in medical education and research.
Comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond, IU Health is honored to be recognized in such high distinctions.
- Indiana's only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, including 3 adult specialties in the top 50, 5 specialties rated as high performing, and six procedures rated as high performing
- Indiana University Health's Academic Health Center in Indianapolis is U.S. News & World Report's top-ranked hospital in Indiana
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health nationally ranked in 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties by U.S.News & World Report.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, more than 200 hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. More than half of the physicians affiliated with the IU School of Medicine practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
No organization in Indiana is ranked higher or offers more highly ranked physicians than Indiana University Health. With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, our patients and families know that they're making an excellent choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.