submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3119
IU Health Physicians - Emergency Medicine Physician (Ball Memorial and Blackford Hospitals)
Want to provide challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient? Join our growing and compassionate team at Indiana University Health. We are seeking an Emergency Medicine Physician to collaborate with our highly skilled teams at our 2nd largest hospital, IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, in Muncie, IN and our critical access hospital, IU Health Blackford Hospital in Hartford City, IN. This opportunity offers practice options with both a large hospital setting and an smaller critical access hospital providing a great variety for your practice.
Muncie is a charming city filled with life and culture thanks to its proximity to Ball State University. Located just an hour northeast of Indianapolis, Muncie offers the advantages of larger cities without some of the hassles of living in a major metropolitan area. Muncie provides a wide variety of recreational and outdoor activities, sports and other attractions along with a very affordable cost of living. It is a great place to live, work and grow a business. Hartford City is just a 20 minute drive north of Muncie and is a charming community with a family friendly atmosphere.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 24 years. IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Full-Time 100% clinical with some administrative options if desired
- Quarterly scheduling offering more flexibility
- Outstanding clinical opportunity with an academic system and affiliation with Indiana University School of Medicine
- Offers a blend of level 3 trauma experience, teaching opportunities and coverage at a critical access hospital Emergency Medicine Department
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
- Strong interpersonal skills preferred
- Market competitive salary, academic incentive, annual CME allowance, licensure and ACEP/SAEM membership, IU tuition benefits, 501c3 , 401(k) retirement match, discretionary contribution
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations.
Enjoy an affordable cost of living in Muncie, Indiana, while taking advantage of the many world-class amenities this community has to offer. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University, offering exceptional education, collegiate sports and entertainment
- Arts and culture for all ages at the Muncie Civic Theatre, Minnetrista Cultural Center, Oakhurst Gardens and the Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Family-friendly activities at the Museum of Art, Muncie Children's Museum, Planetarium, and the National Model Aviation Musuem (one of the country's largest)
- Outdoor recreation includes boating, fishing and camping at the Prairie Creek Reservoir, hop on the state's largest longest span of recreational trails on the Cardinal Greenway, and golf amongst the champions at the Crestview Golf Club
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine, and outdoor music and food festivals
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities for the community's dedication to civic engagement and innovation
- Quick drive to Indianapolis and the suburbs of Fishers and Noblesville, as well as Chicago and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,000 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,000 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 24 years in a row, with two specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is a 350-bed hospital and is designated as a level 3 trauma center. It is both a teaching hospital and a regional tertiary referral center, and ranked fourth in the state by U.S. News and World Report.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report has ranked IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital as high performing in congestive heart failure, COPD, diabetes, heart attack, kidney failure, and stroke procedures and conditions.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.