IU Health Physicians - Director of Adult Psychiatry Clinic / Geriatric Psychiatrist (Neuroscience Center)
The Department of Psychiatry at Indiana University School of Medicine and Indiana University Health Physicians is seeking a Geriatric Psychiatrist. In addition to the clinical faculty appointment, this individual will also be the Director of the Older Adult Psychiatry Clinic and Associate Director of the Geriatric Psychiatry fellowship program in Indianapolis, IN.
With a unique partnership with one of the nations leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Full-Time, Monday-Friday
- Call required
- A mix of inpatient and outpatient work with a majority being outpatient work
- Will lead Geriatric education for medical students, adult psychiatry residents, fellows, colleagues and trainees from other disciplines
- Opportunity to participate in a broad research, clinical and teaching mission, including a General Residency and ACGME-accredited Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Program
- Involvement with premier clinical programs in the state
- Leadership roles including: Director of the Older Adult Psychiatry Clinic and Associate Director of the Geriatric Psychiatry fellowship program
- Willingness to participate in clinical research opportunities, preferred
- Participation in a number of workforce development initiatives to support mental health and treatment throughout the state, required
- Geriatric fellowship training, required
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Psychiatry
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
The IU Health Neuroscience Center is a partnership between Indiana University Health and the Indiana University School of Medicine to bring the best in neurological care to patients. The IU Health Neuroscience Center combines the best doctors, most advanced treatments and latest research breakthroughs into one convenient facility located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis.
Phase I of the center, an ambulatory care and imaging facility, opened in August 2012. Here, patients see specialists and receive diagnostic imaging in a single visit. Phase II, an innovative research facility led by the IU School of Medicine, is scheduled to open in 2014, and will enable patients to have easier, faster access to clinical trials and breakthrough treatments.
The IU Health Neuroscience Center, combined with the nationally ranked expertise and a recent expansion of the neurosurgical suites at IU Health Methodist Hospital, enable IU Health physicians to continue providing superior neurological care and treatment to Indiana residents.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.