submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 962-4522
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2021 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport -Named "Best Airport" Nine Years Straight
IU Health Physicians - Comprehensive Ophthalmologist (Methodist Hospital)
Indiana University Health Physicians has an employment opportunity for an Ophthalmologist to join our dynamic team on the academic health center in Indianapolis. Our team of experts have years of experience treating and managing all types of eye conditions. Because of our partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, our residency program has trained about half of the ophthalmologists in the state. The Department of Ophthalmology is committed to training tomorrow's ophthalmologists and to advancing treatments and prevention of eye disease and vision disorders through research, currently ranked 40th in the nation for NIH funding.
- True work-life balance supported by outpatient weekday schedule and shared call coverage split amongst large team of providers at additional pay per week
- High patient volume with growing demand for services
- Responsible for participating in utilization, quality assurance and service excellence programs for ophthalmology patient care
- Faculty appointment with the Indiana University School of Medicine includes clinical education/supervision and research opportunities
- Competitive salary with 24 months guarantee and comprehensive benefits package provided by both IU Health and IU School of Medicine
- Completion of Ophthalmology residency
- BE/BC in Ophthalmology
- New graduates and experienced physicians are encouraged to apply
- Physician MD/DO licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2021-2022 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 24 years in a row, with two specialties ranked in the top 50 (geriatrics and ear, nose and throat)
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Methodist Hospital is a national and regional healthcare leader through its commitment to excellence, accessibility and preeminence. Part of the IU Health Adult Academic Health Center, it is currently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as as the top hospital in the state of Indiana, with three adult specialties and nine procedures rated as high performing.
With 1,000 beds, IU Health Methodist Hospital is a large tertiary referral center with over 130 ICU beds. It serves as the largest trauma center in Indianapolis, as well as a highly subspecialized center for cardiovascular surgery, thoracic surgery, neurosurgery, lung transplantation, and neurocritical care.
It is home to the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, one of the few clinically-based medical ethics centers in the country, and to the IU Health Methodist Research Institute, which conducts outcomes-based research to understand how medical practices, health policies and health care spending affect the quality of patient outcomes.
Notable facts include:
- Nationally ranked organ transplant center based on total transplant volume (bone marrow, heart, intestine, kidney, liver, lung and pancreas); one of only a few centers nationally to have each of these programs certified by Medicare
- Award-winning comprehensive cardiac critical care unit
- Named to Beckers Hospital Review's 100 Great Hospitals in America in 2020
- Statewide leader in staff physician specialties, with specialists onsite 24 hours a day