submit your CV directly:
IU Health Physicians - Clinical Geneticist (Greater Indianapolis Area)
Indiana University Health Physicians has an employment opportunity for a Clinical Geneticist to grow their existing and expanding group in downtown Indianapolis, Indiana.
Employment Opportunity Details:
10% inpatient / 90% outpatient
Desired candidate will have expertise in clinical genetics
Interest in care and treatment of both children and adults with genetic disorders
Responsibilities include establish protocols for precision medical practice for evaluations, laboratory practice and therapeutic intervention, skin biopsies, venipuncture, etc.
Average 15-20 patients per week in office
Services provided at IU Health University and Methodist Hospitals as well as Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
Strong compensation model with benefits package
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 15th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- "Best Places to Live in America" according to Money in 2017 included Fishers, IN at number one, Carmel at number 16, Avon at number 17 and Greenwood at number 22.
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Methodist Hospital is one of two adult Level One Trauma Centers in Indiana with 782 beds. IU Health Methodist Hospital is a national and regional health care leader through its commitment to excellence, accessibility and prominence. IU Health Methodist Hospital was recognized in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 as the top ranked hospital in the country for quality and safety by University Health Consortium and has been ranked among the top 50 national programs in U.S.News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals" guide for 10 consecutive years.
IU Health Methodist Hospital is also designated as a Magnet® Hospital, recognizing excellence in nursing services and high-quality clinical outcomes for patients. IU Health Methodist Hospital is one of seven Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, IU Health University Hospital, IU Health Goshen Hospital, IU Health Bloomington Hospital, IU Health La Porte Hospital and IU Health West Hospital.
It is home to the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, one of the few clinically-based medical ethics centers in the country, and home to the IU Health Methodist Research Institute which conducts outcomes-based research to understand how medical practices, health policies and health care spending affect the quality of patient outcomes.
Notable facts include:
- Indiana University Health is the fourth largest employer in Indiana (Source: IBJ, 2016)
- Nationally ranked organ transplant center based on total transplant volume (bone marrow, heart, intestine, kidney, liver, lung and pancreas); one of only a few centers nationally to have each of these programs certified by Medicare.
- Largest neuroscience critical care unit in the country.
- One of the largest critical care departments in the country.
- Award-winning comprehensive cardiac critical care unit.
- First, largest and most comprehensive intensive care patient electronic monitoring system (e-ICU) in Central Indiana.
- Nationally ranked orthopedic services.
- Statewide leader in staff physician specialties, with specialists onsite 24 hours a day.
- Nationally ranked urology program and home to the International Kidney Stone Institute.
- Over 1,500 geriatric patient visits per year for medical treatment, education, counseling and research.