submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 962-4522
IU Health Physicians - Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant/Nurse Anesthetist (Riley Hospital)
Want to make a difference in the lives of Hoosier kids and their families? We are seeking a patient-focused Certified Anesthesiology Assistant or Certified Respiratory Nurse Anesthetist to join our growing and collaborative team at Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health in Indianapolis, Indiana!
The Riley Children's Health anesthesia team delivers safe, evidence-based, compassionate care to pediatric patients in all aspects of anesthesia, perioperative medicine, and acute and chronic pain management. In addition to offering outstanding clinical care, our team is committed to providing high-quality clinical education, leading innovative and personalized perioperative care research, and improving health outcomes. Dedicated to maximizing safety and minimizing discomfort, our multidisciplinary team of providers tailor equipment and protocols to meet children's unique needs and physiology. Our team continually improves the standard methods of clinical care based on the latest evidence and develops more effective, safe and reliable practices for protecting a child's heart, lung and brain function, and blood circulation during anesthesia and medical care. Our unique blend of dedicated pediatric experience, clinical expertise and skills enables our team to safely deliver surgical anesthesia for pediatric patients of all ages, from babies still in the womb to young adults.
- Full-time employment
- 50% Inpatient / 50% Outpatient
- Performs pre-anesthestic prep & eval, anesthesia indicution, maintainence & emergence, post-anesthesia care, peri-anesthestic & clinical support functions under direction of anesthesiologist
- Anesthesia related procedures (including but not limited to):
- IV placement
- Airway management
- Arterial & central cath placement
- General & regional anesthesia
- Strong compensation model
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- group insurance (health, dental, life, disability)
- 401k with company match
- relocation assistance
- CME reimbursement
- Completion of Master's level nurse anesthesia program accredited by the COA
- Passed NCE & hold current certification from Council of Certification of Nurse Anesthetists
- Current ACLS & PALS certifications
- New grads and experienced candidates encouraged to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek was named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is a place of hope and healing for children and their families. As Indiana’s only comprehensive children’s hospital, we provide compassionate inpatient and outpatient care to more than 300,000 children each year. Additionally, our relationship with Indiana University Health and our affiliation with the Indiana University School of Medicine mean that we always have the most up-to-date research and innovative therapies close at hand. With 300 private inpatient rooms, our new 10-story Simon Family Tower ensures that we can continue to deliver high-quality pediatric healthcare while enhancing patient and family satisfaction.
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, with pediatric specialists in every field of medicine and surgery, offers one of the nation's largest outpatient care facilities for children, the world's largest pediatric sleep disorders center and one of the nation's largest three autism treatment centers. Here, the youngest patients are treated in an environment of excellence.
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the nation's top children's hospitals by Child magazine and is Indiana's top and only nationally ranked children's hospital by U.S. News & World Report. Additionally, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health has been nationally ranked in 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report, including 2 specialties in the top 5 and 5 specialties in the top 15. Today, Riley at IU Health is the 6th largest children's hospital in the country and is staffed by IU School of Medicine physicians.
The Riley Children's Foundation is committed to improving the health and well-being of children through philanthropic leadership in support of Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health and its research programs.