submit your CV directly:
Physician and Advanced Provider Recruiter
phone: (317) 963-4996
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2021 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport -Named "Best Airport" Nine Years Straight
IU Health Physicians - Cardiovascular Critical Care Unit Medical Director (Methodist Hospital)
Join Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine! We are seeking a patient-focused Medical Director for the Cardiovascular Critical Care Unit (CVCC) to collaborate with our highly skilled teams in Indianapolis.
IU Health Methodist Hospital is a growing cardiac, heart failure and transplant center. The CVCC is a 34-bed until with growth capacity that manages cardiac surgery, vascular surgery, post-transplant, assist device, and cardiovascular patients with a broad range of critical care issues and multi-organ dysfunction.
Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for 23 consecutive years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best and is the #1 ranked healthcare system in Indiana. With 16 hospitals and hundreds of clinics, we are the state's largest healthcare system.
- Provide leadership, develop policies, procedures and protocols for patient care and collaborate across multiple departments and divisions at Methodist Hospital
- Oversee a team of CVCC-dedicated intensivists and work in collaborative leadership with other CV surgical and medical directors
- Lead a team of intensivists and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) dedicated to the CV Surgery Intensive Care Unit
- Engage with a multidisciplinary team in a collaborative fashion managing the critically ill patient
- Develop practice standards and oversee quality metrics for the unit in addition to leading monthly performance improvement meetings
- Advocate and oversee ongoing professional development for nursing staff and APPs
- Participate regularly with CV Institute leadership
- Full-time, 100% inpatient work with critically ill cardiovascular surgical and medical patients
- Significant teaching and research opportunities, tailored to candidate interest
- Must be BC in Critical Care
- A minimum of five years of cardiovascular surgical experience, required
- Experience in an academic medical center, preferred
- Physician licensed in Indiana or eligible for medical licensure in Indiana
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,000 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,000 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Methodist Hospital is one of two adult Level One Trauma Centers in Indiana with 782 beds. IU Health Methodist Hospital is a national and regional health care leader through its commitment to excellence, accessibility and prominence.
IU Health Methodist Hospital is also designated as a Magnet® Hospital, recognizing excellence in nursing services and high-quality clinical outcomes for patients. IU Health Methodist Hospital is one of several Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, IU Health University Hospital, IU Health Bloomington Hospital, and IU Health West Hospital.
It is home to the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, one of the few clinically-based medical ethics centers in the country, and home to the IU Health Methodist Research Institute which conducts outcomes-based research to understand how medical practices, health policies and health care spending affect the quality of patient outcomes.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
Notable facts include:
- Nationally ranked in 3 specialties by U.S. News & World Report for 2020-21: geriatrics, gynecology, and ear, nose, and throat
- Nationally ranked organ transplant center based on total transplant volume (bone marrow, heart, intestine, kidney, liver, lung and pancreas); one of only a few centers nationally to have each of these programs certified by Medicare.
- Largest neuroscience critical care unit in the country.
- One of the largest critical care departments in the country.
- Award-winning comprehensive cardiac critical care unit.
- First, largest and most comprehensive intensive care patient electronic monitoring system (e-ICU) in Central Indiana.
- Named to Beckers Hospital Review's 100 Great Hospitals in America.
- Statewide leader in staff physician specialties, with specialists onsite 24 hours a day.
- Home to the International Kidney Stone Institute.