submit your CV directly:
Physician and Advanced Provider Recruiter
phone: (317) 962-4560
IU Health Physicians - Bone Marrow Transplant Hematologist/Oncologist (Simon Cancer Center)
IU Health is seeking a patient-focused Hematology/Oncologist to join our team that supports clinical innovation, statewide draw, and is a collegial environment! This position will focus on caring and treating bone marrow transplant patients at our well known Simon Cancer Center and University Hospital in downtown Indianapolis!
With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Full-time, M-F (call 1 in 5 weekends)
- 80% clinical, 20% academic
- 65% inpatient, 35% outpatient
- Subspecialty: Bone marrow transplant
- A robust community of academic scholars is available for collaboration.
- IU Simon Cancer Center has a national reputation and pulls patients from the entire state and beyond.
- Diagnosis, evaluation and management of patients with hematologic malignancies, some benign hematologic conditions, and select solid tumors managed by cellular therapy is required.
- Administration and oversight of chemotherapy, biotherapy, and immunotherapy.
- Selection of appropriate candidates for cellular based therapy.
- Preparation, treatment, and management of patients through autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplantation. Participating in CAR T-cell and other immune effector cell therapy.
- Management of complications of therapy listed above.
- Participation in clinical trials.
- Participation in bone marrow transplant team activities.
- Teaching of residents, fellows, and medical students. Participation in quality improvement initiatives.
- Procedures performed (avg of 15 per week): Bone marrow biopsies, bone marrow harvest, stem cell and bone marrow transplantation, immune effector cell infusion.
Minimum job requirements
- Must be BE/BC in Hematology/Oncology
- Experience in clinical research/trials preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek was named to Money Magazine's 2019 list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs nearly 1,900 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 1,900 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 250 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
The Indiana University Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center is a patient care, research, and educational organization within the Indiana University School of Medicine, located on the school's main campus in Indianapolis.
Healthcare providers at IU Health Melvin and Bren Simon Cancer Center not only offer the highest level of patient care but many are engaged in research. As the only National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated cancer center in the state of Indiana, IU Health Simon Cancer Center’s researchers are recognized for meeting rigorous criteria for world-class, state-of-the-art programs in multidisciplinary cancer research. NCI-designated cancer centers put significant resources into developing research programs, faculty and facilities that will lead to better approaches to prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
The mission is to advance the understanding, prevention and treatment of cancer throughout Indiana and the world with patient-centered care, acceleration of promising science and collaborative educational programs. Research is vigorous, innovative and devoted to taking improved cancer care into the future.
The benefits to patients are clear: a wide range of innovative treatment options, expert teams of diverse professionals focused on their specific cancer type, and attention to all cancer care needs in one setting.