submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3119
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians - Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician (Ball Memorial Hospital)
Join Indiana University Health as we continue to grow in the Muncie, IN area! IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians is seeking a BE/BC Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician to join our reputable team at Ball Memorial Hospital. Ball Memorial is IU Health's second largest hospital and serves as a regional referral center for the east central region of Indiana.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation's leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options.
Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 24 years. IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Working with our current Physiatrist and Neurosurgeon
- Treating patients with acute spine health needs
- Opportunity to build a solid spine program
- Primarily Outpatient (5% inpatient / 95% outpatient)
- Interventional Spine procedures as needed
- No call
- Provide spine care for Muncie and surrounding rural areas
- Expected patient volume in office: average 60-75 patients/week
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified PM&R
- Fellowship trained in Interventional Pain Management a plus
- Practicing physicians and residents are invited to apply
- H1-B and J1 candidates are eligible for this position
- Excellent compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Enjoy an affordable cost of living in Muncie, Indiana, while taking advantage of the many world-class amenities this community has to offer. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University, offering exceptional education, collegiate sports and entertainment
- Arts and culture for all ages at the Muncie Civic Theatre, Minnetrista Cultural Center, Oakhurst Gardens and the Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Family-friendly activities at the Museum of Art, Muncie Children's Museum, Planetarium, and the National Model Aviation Musuem (one of the country's largest)
- Outdoor recreation includes boating, fishing and camping at the Prairie Creek Reservoir, hop on the state's largest longest span of recreational trails on the Cardinal Greenway, and golf amongst the champions at the Crestview Golf Club
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine, and outdoor music and food festivals
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities for the community's dedication to civic engagement and innovation
- Quick drive to Indianapolis and the suburbs of Fishers and Noblesville, as well as Chicago and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider opportunities await with Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Physicians.
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians represents more than 45 medical specialties, including primary care, medical specialties, surgical specialists, and women’s health. The physician group is part of the larger Indiana University Health System. The physicians, advanced providers, and staff are committed to providing patient-focused, quality care at convenient locations throughout East Central Indiana.
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people. This not-for-profit organization boasts of a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians, representing more than 45 medical specialties. We've introduced healthcare to underserved populations and geographic areas such as Upland, New Castle and Hartford City and given consumers choices in their healthcare.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, the region’s main campus, is both a teaching hospital and regional tertiary referral center. The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center offers the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school, and provides low-cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
As part of Indiana University Health, IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians is a member of Indiana's most comprehensive healthcare system. Our unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation's leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies. Our exceptional care and continued excellence have been recognized by U.S. News and World Report for the past 24 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation, and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
With a continued commitment and bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today in the future.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is a 350-bed hospital and is designated as a level 3 trauma center. It is both a teaching hospital and a regional tertiary referral center, and ranked fourth in the state by U.S. News and World Report.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report has ranked IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital as high performing in congestive heart failure, COPD, diabetes, heart attack, kidney failure, and stroke procedures and conditions.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.