submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 963-3119
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians - Family Medicine Physician (Jay Family Practice)
Join Indiana University Health and be eligible for a large loan forgiveness/sign on bonus! IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians is seeking a BE/BC Primary Care Family Medicine physician to join our established and reputable team at IU Health Jay Family Medicine in Portland, IN. This is a great opportunity to join an existing well established practice with multi-specialty support.
In addition to salary, physician could receive a generous compensation package to include loan forgiveness, signing bonus, or combination.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options.
Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 24 years. IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Full time with scheduling options- Monday-Friday
- Options available to see your own patients if admitted and moonlight as hospitalist if desired
- Limited call- shared with other primary care providers and a RN triage call support
- Can build your patient base quickly as this is highly respected office in the community
- 100% Outpatient
- Typical primary care procedures and some women's health
- Provide primary care for Jay County and surrounding rural areas
- Engaged and supportive practice environment with excellent quality and patient experience
- Part of large multi-specialty group with outreach support in region
- Ability to enhance practice scope in rural setting
- Expected patient volume in office: average 100-115 patients/week
- Candidate must be Board Eligible or Board Certified FM or IM/Peds
- Residents, fellows, and practicing physicians are invited to apply
- H1-B and J1 candidates are eligible for this position
- Strong compensation model which could include: salary guarantee, WRVU bonus, up to $300,000 signing bonus/loan repayment, early commitment stipend, etc.
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Portland, Indiana is rural community located in East Central Indiana. The community offers diversity in economic development, employment and education along with affordable housing.
- A beautiful downtown provides unique shopping in the many historic buildings and also offers a deeper look at the city’s past history
- Family parks and nature preserves offer relaxing afternoons and invigorating recreation
- The Arts Place is the premier community arts facility of the region which includes a theatre, art galleries, classrooms and studios and is also home of the “Landscape’s Legacy”, a one-of-a-kind tile relief mural
- Fun community events take place in the summer such as the Tri-State Gas Engine Show – the world’s largest, a Vintage Bike Show – the nation’s largest, and the Annual Gathering of the Great Lakes Nations Pow Wow – which celebrates the Native American culture and history through traditional demonstrations including drums, dances, and displays of Native American items
- 50 minutes to Ft. Wayne, 90 minutes to Indianapolis, and 150 minutes to Chicago
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider opportunities await with Indiana University Health Ball Memorial Physicians.
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians represents more than 45 medical specialties, including primary care, medical specialties, surgical specialists, and women’s health. The physician group is part of the larger Indiana University Health System. The physicians, advanced providers, and staff are committed to providing patient-focused, quality care at convenient locations throughout East Central Indiana.
IU Health Ball Memorial Physicians is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people. This not-for-profit organization boasts of a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians, representing more than 45 medical specialties. We've introduced healthcare to underserved populations and geographic areas such as Upland, New Castle and Hartford City and given consumers choices in their healthcare.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital, the region’s main campus, is both a teaching hospital and regional tertiary referral center. The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center offers the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school, and provides low-cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
With a continued commitment and bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today in the future.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Jay County Hospital is a 25-bed rural critical access hospital, with a 10-bed LifeBridge, Senior Behavioral Health Unit, located in Portland, Indiana. Jay County hospital provides comprehensive care, from diagnosis to recovery. A wide range of services are available including a 24-hour emergency department, radiology and nuclear medicine services, laboratory, physical/occupational/speech therapy, cardiac rehabilitation, sleep lab, infusion clinic, respiratory therapy, obstetrics department, outpatient surgery center, and a specialty referral clinic.
Jay County Hospital is a progressive, comprehensive, trusted health care leader dedicated to improving the health of all we serve, providing excellent, compassionate and cost effective care.