submit your CV directly:
Physician and Provider Human Resources Manager
phone: (765) 838-4066
IU Health Arnett Physicians Hospitalist Night APP (Arnett Hospital)
IU Health Arnett Physicians is seeking a new or experienced (preferred) Hospitalist ANP,BE/BC Acute Care or Adult Geriatrics Nurse Practitioner, to join our collegial, fast-paced and high-functioning Hospitalist Department of 30 physicians and 7 BC Advanced Practice Providers. The hospitalist team includes 7-9 nocturnists. The location is at the Indiana University Health Arnett Hospital in Lafayette Indiana.
The nocturnist APP must possess strong critical thinking and be able to perform a complete physical assessment. The candidate must be able to plan and oversee the management of adult patients, using great customer service.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation's leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News and World Report for the past 20 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Full time, 7 on and 14 off (block schedule)
- Tuesday to Monday, rotating 7pm-7am
- APP Hospitalist will provide cross coverage for all hospitalist patients in the West Central Region
- Will perform admissions
- Will make evidence based decisions, while simultaneously collaborating with nocturnist, colleagues, nursing teams and ancillary staff
- Patient population is Mixed acuity with abundant subspecialty consults
- Strong communication sills and willing to commit to consistently participating as an active member of the multidisciplinary team
- Support Critical Access Hospitals by triaging phone calls with patient needs from the CAH nursing teams
- Practice Culture: High-intensity, fast paced setting with the opportunity to learn and grow. Warm, collegial hospitalist team members who provide excellent patient care
- 3 years experience in acute medicine
- Master Degree required
- Certified/Eligible and Indiana licensed
- must be able to manage multiple tasks and patient situations in a safe, efficient, effective and professional manner
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await you at Indiana University Health Arnett.
Indiana University Health Arnett is an effectively integrated health care system comprised of over 300 providers representing 40 different specialties and sub-specialties. Based in the cities of Lafayette/West Lafayette, Indiana University Health Arnett includes physician outpatient practices, a modern 191-bed acute care hospital as well as an adjacent ambulatory surgery center and imaging centers. Our secure patient base draws from a mix of industrial, university, and rural communities in a 12-county area. IU Health Arnett’s long-standing community commitment began in 1922 and evolved into a successful affiliation with Indiana University Health in 2008.
We serve as a regional hub for Indiana University Health, Indiana’s largest health care organization. Award winning and nationally recognized, IU Health is the most comprehensive and top-ranked health care system in Indiana, including 16 hospitals, over 200 clinics and treating one in three Indiana residents.
Our groundbreaking work, innovative treatments, compassion, respect, inclusion, and teamwork are just a few of our values in action. IU Arnett’s administrative team partners with physician leaders to enable individual providers to strive for excellence in their clinical practice, working to provide individualized care for the good of every patient. If interested, opportunities to teach and participate in various committees abound.