submit your CV directly:
Physician and Provider Human Resources Manager
phone: (765) 838-4066
IU Health Arnett Physicians - Nurse Practitioner or CNS Days Supplemental
APRN duties may include assistance with admissions, medication administration, lab assistance and may complete other direct patient care tasks as needed. Performs RN Quality Control Advisor role under nursing practice
- Performs RN Quality Clinical Advisor role under nursing practice.
- Provides clinical expertise, coaching, and support for clinical nurses (role modeling)
- Rounds at the bedside together with the attending physician, physician group, and clinical nurse to create a positive environment for the entire team, including patients and families
- Bring current literature/EBP to care - identifies best practice
- Help physicians understand nursing practice, hospital protocols, and challenges nurses face at the bedside
- Patient/family-centered needs were communicated and addressed during rounds with each patient's clinical nurses participating and contributing to the interprofessional treatment plan.
- Clinical Advisor APRN collaborates with Charge RN, bedside RN, and provide to ensure timely, proper PPOC, quality assurance with anticipated discharges
- Helps with education and communication among care team members and worked to promote patient satisfaction by contributing to each patient's plan of care and treatment goals.
- Collaborates with bedside RN to proactively identify at-risk patient population, influence RN critical thinking and advance RN clinical practice and competency.
- Partner with unit manager, NPD, CNS, physician medical officer to identify clinical patient care opportunities for improvement and individual performance development opportunities.
- Focuses on education, communication, collaboration, patient satisfaction, and staff satisfaction.
- Unable to perform provider assessments, write orders unless RVVO/RVTO through provider, complete provider admission and discharges or determine level of care.
- Active Licensed in the State of Indiana
- 1 year experience, preferred
Lafayette, Indiana offers an unmatched quality of life in a safe and thriving college community. Located a quick drive from both Indianapolis and Chicago, residents enjoy a variety of family-friendly amenities and unparalleled diversity.
- Home of Big 10 conference member, Purdue University
- Highly-ranked public and private schools and a multitude of cultural amenities
- Easy access to hiking and biking trails, golfing, collegiate sports and more
- Entertainment and retail shops that include brew pubs, funky galleries, bakeries and bistros
- One hour to Indianapolis and two hours to Chicago
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await you at Indiana University Health Arnett.
Indiana University Health Arnett is an effectively integrated health care system comprised of over 300 providers representing 40 different specialties and sub-specialties. Based in the cities of Lafayette/West Lafayette, Indiana University Health Arnett includes physician outpatient practices, a modern acute care hospital as well as an adjacent ambulatory surgery center and imaging centers. Our secure patient base draws from a mix of industrial, university, and rural communities in a 12-county area. IU Health Arnett’s long-standing community commitment began in 1922 and evolved into a successful affiliation with Indiana University Health in 2008.
We serve as a regional hub for Indiana University Health, Indiana’s largest health care organization. Award winning and nationally recognized, IU Health is the most comprehensive and top-ranked health care system in Indiana, including 16 hospitals, over 200 clinics and treating one in three Indiana residents.
Our groundbreaking work, innovative treatments, compassion, respect, inclusion, and teamwork are just a few of our values in action. IU Arnett’s administrative team partners with physician leaders to enable individual providers to strive for excellence in their clinical practice, working to provide individualized care for the good of every patient. If interested, opportunities to teach and participate in various committees abound.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Arnett Hospital is a full-service, 191-bed hospital with an adjacent outpatient surgery center committed to providing exceptional care and service for the whole family.
IU Health Arnett Hospital is a member of the Indiana University Health system, and is an independent non-profit organization with its own board of managers, CEO, executive management team and community representation.
IU Health Arnett Hospital Features:
- All private patient rooms, including private neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) rooms.
- 24/7 Hospitalist/Nocturnist Coverage
- 6 technologically advanced surgical suites with open heart and neurosurgical capabilities
- Two cesarean section suites conveniently located adjacent to maternity beds
- On-site diagnostics, imaging and lab
- Full electronic medical records system with seamless linkage to physician offices and IU Health's downtown Indianapolis hospitals
- An adjacent efficient outpatient surgery center
- Convenient, designated surface parking for staff and visitors
- Community site for medical education