submit your CV directly:
Physician and Provider Human Resources Manager
phone: (765) 838-4066
IU Health Arnett - Hematology/Oncology
IU Health Arnett Physicians has a full time employment opportunity for a Hematologist/Oncologist to join their established clinic located in Lafayette, Indiana.
Employment opportunity details:
- Days (Mon-Fri)
- 20% Inpatient; 80% Outpatient
- 1:4 call schedule
- Established practice with built in referrals
- Physician champion of the Precision Genomics program at this facility
- Opportunity for clinical research and outreach in surrounding communities
- Competitive compensation + production/incentive WRVU
- Provide medical educational and multidisciplinary team coordination services to the assigned areas
- Provide independent judgment in diagnosis and treatment of patients, formulation of treatment plans, and direction of the interdisciplinary team in achieving the goals of the patient care plan.
- Provide direct and indirect patient care to the assigned areas. Provides medical supervision of the interdisciplinary team and supervises residents and medical students in all aspects of their assigned duties.
- Participate in clinical research projects of interest in cooperation with the medical research department. Utilizes literature and attends regional and national meetings to remain current and professionally competent.
- Participate in patient, staff, and professional education programs.
- Participate in educational and research programs including didactic material, formal teaching conferences, clinical teaching, staff education conferences, and clinical research.
- Maintain records in accordance with the policies of the organization Health Partner, applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in development of unit guidelines, procedures, programs, and makes recommendations to improve quality and efficiency of care.
- Share specifically designated on-call responsibilities with other physician members of the assigned areas.
- Participate, as needed, in medical audits, quality assurance programs, investigations, peer review, and other inquiries relating to the standards of professional care.
- Provide medical supervision and leadership to the interdisciplinary team to achieve the maximum benefit for each patient.
Lafayette, Indiana offers an unmatched quality of life in a safe and thriving college community. Located a quick drive from both Indianapolis and Chicago, residents enjoy a variety of family-friendly amenities and unparalleled diversity.
- Home of Big 10 conference member, Purdue University
- Highly-ranked public and private schools and a multitude of cultural amenities
- Easy access to hiking and biking trails, golfing, collegiate sports and more
- Entertainment and retail shops that include brew pubs, funky galleries, bakeries and bistros
- One hour to Indianapolis and two hours to Chicago
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await at Indiana University Health Arnett.
IU Health Arnett is an effectively integrated health care system striving to become a preeminent health care leader in the nation for clinical care through innovation, quality and service. As a regional hub for Indiana’s largest health care organization and in association with the state’s only medical school, we provide excellence in education and research for our healthcare providers.
IU Health Arnett Physicians is a multi-specialty group comprised of approximately 290 providers representing 33 different specialties and sub-specialties. The IUH Arnett system located in Lafayette includes physician outpatient practices, a modern 191-bed acute care hospital as well as outpatient surgery and imaging centers. Being part of a multi-specialty group provides a solid patient referral base. In addition, there are physicians available to assist when referring a patient for a medical or surgical concern.
An administrative team partners with physician leaders to enable individual clinicians to concentrate on their clinical practice. With 24 facilities, 18 located in Lafayette/West Lafayette and 6 in the surrounding communities, a large, stable referral base is guaranteed. The secure patient base draws from a mix of industrial and university communities in a 12 county area.
Indiana has one of the best medical malpractice climates in the nation!
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Arnett Hospital is a full-service, 191-bed hospital with an adjacent outpatient surgery center committed to providing exceptional care and service for the whole family.
IU Health Arnett Hospital is a member of the Indiana University Health system, yet is an independent non-profit organization with its own board of managers, CEO, executive management team and community representation.
IU Health Arnett Hospital Features:
- All private patient rooms, including private neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) rooms.
- 6 technologically advanced surgical suites with open heart and neurosurgical capabilities
- Two cesarean section suites conveniently located adjacent to maternity beds
- On-site diagnostics, imaging and lab
- Full electronic medical records system with seamless linkage to physician offices and IU Health's downtown Indianapolis hospitals
- An adjacent efficient outpatient surgery center
- Convenient, designated surface parking for staff and visitors
- Community site for medical education