submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 962-4522
IU Health - Nurse Practitioner or Midwife - Women's Health (South Central Region)
Looking for meaningful work to bring much needed healthcare access to high-risk, expectant mothers across the southern region of the state? Supported by new grant funding, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife to provide prenatal care and Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) to pregnant women experiencing substance use disorders across the Bloomington and nearby communities.
- Prenatal appointments with identified mothers in a patient centering model
- Prescribe MAT for expectant mothers in need
- Provide education around pregnancy
- Possible procedures include:
- Speculum visits
- Nexplanon/IUD services
- Part-time position - approximately 10 hours per week with flexible scheduling depending upon patient needs in each outreach community
- 100% outpatient, NO CALL
- Work beteween different locations: Monroe County Public Health Clinic (Bloomington), Green County General Hospital (Linton), Indiana Health Center (Spencer), IU Health medical offices (Bedford and Paoli)
- Successful candidate will be non-judgemental, possess critical thinking skills and be a team player
- MAT Certification preferred or willingness to be trained by lead physicians to become MAT provider for those they serve
- FNP, WHNP, CNM providers for consideration only
- Practicing providers whom have worked with OB patients with two years of experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Bloomington, Indiana is a progressive college town with the perfect blend of charm and culture. A community that prides itself not only on education and diversity, Bloomington has a robust arts and cultural scene including an officially designated cultural arts district (BEAD).
Residents of Bloomington enjoy not only energetic college town amenities but peaceful lakes and outdoor adventure.
- Home of Big 10 conference member, Indiana University
- Vibrant downtown: arts, theaters, museums and concerts
- Close proximity to top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, award winning wineries, shopping and unique dining
- Home to Indiana's only National Forest and Lake Monroe
- Collegiate sports, boating, hiking, golfing, fishing and skiing
- 45 minutes to Indianapolis, 90 minutes to Louisville and easy access to Cincinnati and Chicago
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await at Indiana University Health.
Indiana University Health is the largest health system in Indiana and among the top ten largest single-state nonprofit health systems in the United States. IU Health has a unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools. As an academic health system, IU Health works with IUSM to train physicians, blending breakthrough research and treatments with the highest quality of patient care. Its strategic service lines, cancer, cardiovascular, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatrics and transplant have received national recognition for quality patient care over the decades.
IU Health is comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond with significant success across multiple clinical programs resulting in national recognition:
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health's flagship hospitals are all preeminent, state-of-the-art hospitals with long distinguished histories. They serve as the academic health center and provide nationally recongized clinical care to patients across Indiana and beyond.
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, 16 urban, suburban and rural hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. With close ties to the Indiana University School of Medicine, more than half of the school's physicians practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals.
Indiana University Health is designated as a Magnet® hospital system by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, recognizing excellence in nursing care at six hospitals. The designation is the gold standard for nursing excellence and the highest national honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice. Only six percent of U.S. healthcare facilities have received this designation.
With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, patients and families know that they're making the right choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is a not-for-profit organization and has a patient base of 413,000 in 10 counties (Brown, Daviess, Greene, Jackson, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, and Owen). IU Health Bloomington Hospital offers a comprehensive continuum of services ranging from cancer care to cardiovascular healthcare to women and children's services.
IU Health Bloomington Hospital is one of the Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, IU Health University Hospital, IU Health Methodist Hospital, and IU Health West Hospital.
Our Mission ~
To improve the health of our patients and community through innovation and excellence in care, education, research and service.
Our Values ~
- Team... We count on and care for each other
- Excellence... We do our best at all times and in new ways
- Purpose...We work to do good in the lives of all others
- Compassion...We treat all people with, respect, kindness, and empathy
Our Promise ~
IU Health Bloomington Hospital enhances health by advancing the art and science of medicine through the use of new technologies, procedures and care.