submit your CV directly:
Growing Indianapolis Suburbs seeking Obstetrician/Gynecologist
IU Health Physicians is seeking an OB/GYN generalist to join our growing, reputable practice in the northern suburbs of Indianapolis, with deliveries at IU North Hospital. Specializing in obstetrics and gynecology, our physicians place special emphasis on preventive medicine and the early detection of health problems. We also provide a collaborative approach to care, involving experts from various specialties, in order to enhance patient and family outcomes.
- Strong work-life balance with shared call coverage and OB laborist team support
- Diverse patient population ranging in ages and conditions from city and surrounding suburban, rural communities
- Full scope obstetrical and gynecologic care, services including but not limited to:
- Contraception counseling
- IUD insertion and removals
- Pregnancy care and deliveries (vaginal, cesarean)
- GYN procedures, ultrasound and adolescent to menopausal care
- Competitive compensation guaranteed the first year with opportunity for productivity incentives.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- Group insurance
- Liability, malpractice, & tail coverage provided
- Generous 401k company match
- PTO (personal, holidays, CME)
- Relocation assistance
- CME, professional dues & memberships reimbursements
- Residency Stipends, as available
- OB/GYN residency completion
- BC/BE in OB/GYN
- New graduates or experienced providers encouraged to apply
- Physician MD/DO licensed in or eligible for licensure in Indiana
Fishers, Indiana is a lovely suburb of Indianapolis located just 20 minutes north and east of downtown Indianapolis. The town is a Midwest community synonymous with balancing growth and progress. While experiencing an influx of commercial and residential migration over the past 10 years with a 600 percent population growth, Fishers has maintained a sense of community with a strong history of family values and successful businesses.
- Ranked number three in the Best Places to Live in America according to Money in 2019 and as one of Wallethub's 2021 Best Small Cities in America
- The Nickel Plate District downtown boasts a growing dining scene, boutiques, attractions, and concerts at a state of-the-art amphitheater
- Home to Conner Prairie, a living history museum that also hosts the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's summer series for Symphony on the Prairie.
- Close proximity to top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- An education system that leads the state – Fishers High School, Hamilton Southeastern High School and New Britton Elementary School all ranked 10 out of 10 by GreatSchools.org in academics
- Parks and recreation system that includes 17 parks and more than 60 miles of paths and trails, with water recreation nearby at the Geist Reservoir
- 20 minutes to Indianapolis, and easy access to Chicago, Louisville and Cincinnati via nearby interstate roadways
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 24 years in a row, with two specialties ranked in the top 50 (geriatrics and ear, nose and throat)
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health North Hospital, located in beautiful Carmel, IN, just 10 miles north of Indianapolis, is a full-service, 189-bed hospital committed to providing exceptional care and service. With dedicated pavilions for specialty surgery, women and children, and an attached medical office building and cancer center, IU Health North Hospital brings together physician offices, inpatient beds and operating rooms in a state-of-the-art facility.
IU Health North Hospital is located on the northwest corner of 116th Street and U.S. 31 North/Meridian Street in Carmel, Indiana.
IU Health North Hospital has been rated by U.S. News & World Report as high performing in orthopaedics, heart failure, knee replacement, and pneumonia, and to IBM Watson Health & Fortune's list of America's 100 Best Hospitals.