submit your CV directly:
Advanced Provider Recruiter
phone: (317) 963-2485
Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant
Want to provide challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient? Join our growing and compassionate team at University Hospital, in Indianapolis, Indiana, along with potential for work at Riley, Riley Outpatient Center, and Eskenazi in future! We seek a patient-focused Certified Anesthesiologist Assistant who wants to be a part of the Indiana University Health/IU School of Medicine Anesthesia care team.
With a unique partnership with one of the nation’s leading medical schools, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide patient access to leading-edge medicine and treatment options. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 20 years. That means IU Health continues to be ranked among the best healthcare systems in the nation and the top healthcare system in Indiana.
- Full-time employment
- Schedule: Monday through Friday, 4x10 or 3x13 work week
- No call or rotating schedule at present
- 50% each Inpatient and Outpatient
- Key Responsibilities: Performs pre-anesthetic prep & eval, anesthesia induction, maintenance & emergence; post-anesthesia care and peri-anesthetic & clinical support functions under the direction of an anesthesiologist.
- Procedures: IV Placement, Airway Management, Arterial & Central Cath Placement, General & Regional Anesthesia, Neuraxial Anesthesia
- Is there the possibility of academics/ research? Yes.
- Team: 80 physicians; 23 APPs in practice
- Patient Volume: Average 3 to 4 per day
- Patient Population: ENT, Urology, general, hepatobiliary, GI, Cancer, OB GYN, transplant, thoracic, orthopedic, plastics, and high acuity care.
- Unique selling points: Participation in the growth of the anesthetist profession at the institution and beyond (student training)
- Will consider new graduates out of training, along with experienced CAAs
- Compensation Details:
- We offer a strong compensation model with outstanding benefits which include discretionary bonus eligibility and CME
- Comprehensive benefits package includes group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance and occurrence-based malpractice insurance coverage
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 14th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" five consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- "Best Places to Live in America" according to Money in 2017 included Fishers, IN at number one, Carmel at number 16, Avon at number 17 and Greenwood at number 22.
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is a place of hope and healing for children and their families. As Indiana’s only comprehensive children’s hospital, we provide compassionate inpatient and outpatient care to more than 300,000 children each year. Additionally, our relationship with Indiana University Health and our affiliation with the Indiana University School of Medicine mean that we always have the most up-to-date research and innovative therapies close at hand. With 300 private inpatient rooms, our new 10-story Simon Family Tower ensures that we can continue to deliver high-quality pediatric healthcare while enhancing patient and family satisfaction.
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, with pediatric specialists in every field of medicine and surgery, offers one of the nation's largest outpatient care facilities for children, the world's largest pediatric sleep disorders center and one of the nation's largest three autism treatment centers. Here, the youngest patients are treated in an environment of excellence.
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the nation's top children's hospitals by Child magazine and US News & World Report. Today, Riley at IU Health is the 6th largest children's hospital in the country and is staffed by IU School of Medicine physicians.
The Riley Children's Foundation is committed to improving the health and well-being of children through philanthropic leadership in support of Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health and its research programs.