submit your CV directly:
phone: (463) 207-2786
Indianapolis Downtown, Inc.
Hoosiers by Choice
Indy Hub - 5 Reasons to Move to Indianapolis
Livability Profile - Indianapolis
2021 Best School Districts in the Indianapolis Area
Indianapolis Cultural Districts
Your Guide to Indianapolis
Indy Airport - Named Best Airport for a Decade
IU Health- Hematology Oncology- GI
IU Health is seeking a patient-focused Hematologist Oncologist to join our academic and clinical practice in the Indianapolis area. Practice location will be at IU Health West Hospital. This position is GI focused
- Full-time employment opportunity
- 100% clinical
- 80% outpatient/ 20% inpatient-
- Academic practice with focus on clinical care, research and education.
- Practice comprised on hematology/oncology subspecialists focusing in 13 disease-focused programs.
- Provide independent judgement in diagnosis and treatment of patients, formulation of treatment plans, and direction of the interdisciplinary team in achieving the goals of the patient care plan
- Oversee the team and residents/medical students in all aspects of their assigned duties
- Provide medical education and multidisciplinary team coordination services
- Participate in clinical research projects of interest in cooperation with the medical research department
Minimum job requirements
- Must be BE/BC in Hematology/Oncology
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2022-2023 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" ten consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 24 years in a row, with two specialties ranked in the top 50 (geriatrics and ear, nose and throat)
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health West Hospital, located in Avon, a beautiful suburb of Indianapolis, is a 129-bed, full-service, community-based hospital rooted in the history of excellence established by Indiana University Health. Between 2020 and 2021, a vertical expansion to the hospital added 48 inpatient beds (ICU and acuity-adaptable), a new operating room and cath lab capacity.
IU Health West Hospital offers a full range of patient care services including maternity, orthopedics and cancer care - all delivered in an extraordinary Sanctuary of Healing environment designed to exceed patients' expectations of the "typical" health care experience.
IU Health West Hospital embodies a health care environment unlike any other - one where our outstanding caregivers, cutting-edge technology and the healing power of a remarkable, natural environment combine to provide an unmatched experience for patients and their loved ones.
IU Health West Hospital has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as high performing in Geriatrics, Pulmonology, Urology, Kidney Failure, COPD, Heart Failure and Pneumonia conditions, and named as one of Newsweek's 2022 Best Maternity Hospitals.
The hospital sees more than 8,000 admissions and nearly 118,000 outpatient visits annually.