IU Health Physicians - Emergency Medicine (West Hospital)
IU Health Physicians Emergency Medicine, located in Avon, Indiana, seeks a BC Emergency Medicine physician for its busy ED at IU Health West Hospital.
- Annual ED volume: 50K
- Double MD coverage from 9a-3a
- Double Advanced Provider coverage from 8a-3a
- Hospitalist coverage for pediatric and adult inpatient
- 24/7 radiology reading
- Excellent coverage for orthopedics, surgery, cardiology and OB
- Great camaraderie throughout ED
- Manage patients within all aspects of Emergency Medicine including pediatrics, general adolescent and adult medicine
- Efficient management and disposition of multiple patients concurrently
Avon, Indiana is a beautiful suburb of Indianapolis located just five miles west of downtown Indianapolis in Hendricks County and ten minutes from the Indianapolis International Airport. Residents enjoy a variety of entertainment and recreation along with an assortment of other wonderful amenities.
- Rich musical tradition paired with major retailers and local cuisine options
- Entertainment options and cultural amenities for the entire family to enjoy
- Close proximity to Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Over 200 acres of park land offers outdoor amenities including trails, lakes, fishing, boating, 18 hole golf course, splash pad and athletic playing areas.
- Quick drive to lively downtown Indianapolis provides residents with big- city amenities including:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport; "Best Airport in North America" four consecutive years (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and winner of the National Biking Award
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati
IU Health Physicians Emergency Medicine offers emergency physicians a full spectrum of career options, the resources of the largest healthcare system in Indiana, and the ability to maintain autonomy in practice.
IUHP Emergency Medicine is a not-for-profit, wholly-owned subsidiary of Indiana University Health. The group covers 7 hospitals in central Indiana and is fully integrated with the Indiana University School of Medicine. The group is also the designated medical team for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, the Indy Racing League, and provides sideline coverage for the Indianapolis Colts.
The IU School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine and the associated faculty practice, recruit clinicians to provide care at one or more hospital emergency departments. Academic and community positions in central Indiana are available. Enthusiasm for medical education, facilitation of clinical research, and excitement for patient care in a busy Emergency Department are expectations of faculty. Residency training and board certification/preparation in Emergency Medicine are required in Level 1 facilities. Rank and tenure status are dependent upon interests and qualifications.
IU Health Methodist Hospital: Located in downtown Indianapolis, it is one of only three Level I Trauma Centers in the state and ranked in the top 5 performers in the UHC Quality and Accountability Study.
Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health: Located in downtown Indianapolis, it is the 6th largest children's hospital in the country and the only comprehensive pediatric, Level I Trauma Center and Burn Center in the state. Residents in Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, and Combined EM/Peds rotate through the ED.
IU Health University Hospital: A teaching hospital for the IU School of Medicine and a tertiary care facility located in downtown Indianapolis on the campus of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis.
Eskenazi Health: Level I Trauma Center and the region’s only adult burn center located in downtown Indianapolis on the campus of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. It serves as a teaching venue for the IU School of Medicine.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital: A 400-bed teaching hospital located in Muncie, IN and an IU Health Partner.
IU Health North Hospital: Located in a northern suburb of Indianapolis; Carmel, IN, operates a 14-bed ED treating adults and children.
IU Health Saxony Hospital: Located within the residential and commercial development known as Saxony in the growing community of Fishers, IN, operates a 42-bed hospital and a full emergency department.
IU Health West Hospital: An extension of the IU Health system operating in Avon, a western suburb of Indianapolis approximately 15 minutes from downtown.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health West Hospital, located in Avon, a beautiful suburb of Indianapolis, is a 129-bed, full-service, community-based hospital rooted in the history of excellence established by Indiana University Health's heritage hospitals: IU Health Methodist Hospital, IU Health University Hospital and Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health.
IU Health West Hospital offers a full range of patient care services including maternity, orthopedics and cancer care - all delivered in an extraordinary Sanctuary of Healing environment designed to exceed patients' expectations of the "typical" health care experience.
IU Health West Hospital embodies a health care environment unlike any other - one where our outstanding caregivers, cutting-edge technology and the healing power of a remarkable, natural environment combine to provide an unmatched experience for patients and their loved ones.
IU Health West Hospital has achieved Magnet® recognition, reflecting the highest standards for its nursing professionalism, teamwork and superiority in patient care. Only six percent of U.S. healthcare facilities have received this designation.
IU Health West Hospital joins six other Magnet®-designated IU Health facilities, including Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, IU Health University Hospital, IU Health Methodist Hospital, IU Health Bloomington Hospital, IU Health La Porte Hospital and IU Health Goshen Hospital.
The hospital sees more than 8,000 admissions and nearly 118,000 oupatient visits annually.