submit your CV directly:
phone: (317) 962-4522
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital - General Anesthesiology
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital has an employment opportunity for a BC/BE General Anesthesiologist. Position is located in Muncie, Indiana.
Employment opportunity details:
- Just 1 hour north of Indianapolis
- Call: 1:6 (projected 1:7)
- Currently: 24 anesthesiologists in group; increased staff will allow additional patient services and improve physician lifestyle
- Average full-time salary: $400K
- Very friendly group
- Ideal candidate will be residency trained, have excellent interpersonal skills and a service-oriented approach for anesthesia coverage at IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital
- The hospital sits on the beautiful campus of Ball State University
About IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital:
- ACS Certified Trauma Center
- 384 beds
- Referral facility for East Central Indiana
- Indiana's largest teaching hospital outside of metro Indianapolis
- Hospital: 7 Operating Rooms
- Outpatient Surgery Center: 5 Operating Rooms
- Obstetrics: Approximately 1,800 births annually
Muncie, Indiana offers a vast variety of entertainment, dining, culture and family-friendly recreation. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University
- Museum of Art, Planetarium and Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine
- Prairie Creek Reservoir offers boating, fishing and camping
- Family friendly outdoor music and food festivals along with sports and recreation
- Named Community of the Year and America's Hometown
- Quick drive to Indianapolis, Chicago and Cincinnati
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is a 350-bed hospital and is designated as a level 3 trauma center. It is both a teaching hospital and a regional tertiary referral center. IU Health Ball Memorial is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people. This not-for-profit organization boasts of a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians, representing more than 45 medical specialties.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
The hospital campus is home to The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center and includes the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school. The clinics provide low cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations.