submit your CV directly:
Physician & Advanced Provider Recruiter
phone: (765) 838-6446
IU Health Arnett - Family Medicine Faculty Position for Family Medicine Residency
IU Health Arnett is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Family Medicine Faculty for Arnett Hospital's Family Medicine Residency Program located in Lafayette, Indiana.
- Opportunity to build the program from the ground up
- Full-time position
- 40% dedicated clinical work, 60% academic (teaching, staffing and curricular work)
- Assist the Director in organizing and coordinating activities of the Family Medicine Residency Program and perform related physician duties as required
- Assist in coordinating the efforts of the residents and hospital to create the best educational environment for clerkship, internship, residency training and post graduate study
- Participate in recruitment events designed to bring high quality residents to IU Health Arnett Hospital
- Supervise, direct and encourage residents in training, evaluate and report resident clinical competence and other issues
- Attend committees and conferences
Minimum qualifications include:
- MD or DO degree from an accredited medical or osteopathic school
- Board certification in Family Medicine
- Possession of an unrestricted state physician license to practice medicine is required
Lafayette, Indiana offers an unmatched quality of life in a safe and thriving college community. Located a quick drive from both Indianapolis and Chicago, residents enjoy a variety of family-friendly amenities and unparalleled diversity.
- Home of Big 10 conference member, Purdue University
- Highly-ranked public and private schools and a multitude of cultural amenities
- Easy access to hiking and biking trails, golfing, collegiate sports and more
- Entertainment and retail shops that include brew pubs, funky galleries, bakeries and bistros
- One hour to Indianapolis and two hours to Chicago
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Arnett Hospital is a full-service, 191-bed hospital with an adjacent outpatient surgery center committed to providing exceptional care and service for the whole family.
IU Health Arnett Hospital is a member of the Indiana University Health system, yet is an independent non-profit organization with its own board of managers, CEO, executive management team and community representation.
IU Health Arnett Hospital Features:
- All private patient rooms, including private neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) rooms.
- 6 technologically advanced surgical suites with open heart and neurosurgical capabilities
- Two cesarean section suites conveniently located adjacent to maternity beds
- On-site diagnostics, imaging and lab
- Full electronic medical records system with seamless linkage to physician offices and IU Health's downtown Indianapolis hospitals
- An adjacent efficient outpatient surgery center
- Convenient, designated surface parking for staff and visitors
- Community site for medical education